OT, very OT, a RANT and RAVE, grrrrrrrrrrr

Old July 4th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default OT, very OT, a RANT and RAVE, grrrrrrrrrrr

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:48:04 GMT, "NunYa" spewed
forth :

Daisey,

I'm aware of many people who would like to express their support of your
logical request. I am but one.

So "Daisy" jumping on somebody's case is OK but general conversation
of the sort that occurs in a group that meets face-to-face is NOT ok,
here in an electronic forum? A post labelled OT should be ignored by
those not interested in off-topic posts, there's no reason to pile on
a heap of **** because you don't want OT posts but read them anyhow.
There's more than a little hypocrisy there, don't you think?

I'm sure this used to be a helpful, informative place for people to come ask
their questions and offer assistance. I have not seen that offered but to a
chosen few for quite some time

This is still a useful forum when people who intentionally try to stir
up some **** take their obnoxious selves elsewhere. I don't easily
suffer fools, but I try to be helpful when I have the time.

It has degraded into something of a "private
club" where every member must support the token narcissist or face the wrath
of the coven that follows. Such a waste of bytes and bandwidth... I have
faith that the response to this post will confirm my observations.

Huh? I don't blindly support anything or anyone, yet the only time
anybody has gotten on my ass it was "Daisy/Jane" who thought she was
better qualified than I am to raise my children.

I do hope I didn't disappoint you!

May the force be with you!

It is - I take my vitamins!

PS: For those of you who wonder why I still read this group, it serves as a
reminder to me. Not only of how I may be viewed by total strangers, but to
try my best not be a horrible example of how rotten humans can be to each
other.

I'm guessing you won't miss it if you unsub, so why torture yourself?

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 4th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Daisy

Default Mothers and sons OT, very OT, a RANT and RAVE, grrrrrrrrrrr

"Wooly" wrote in message
[...]

There isn't a woman in here who wouldn't agree that nursing a three-year old
child is a cracked-brain thing to do. I'm the only one who was honest
enough to say so.

It's no surprise, believe me, that you are "Gemini's" (aka Ruth's) greatest
supporter forher borderline incestuous (certainly emotionally incestuous)
method of relating to her adult son and habit of bragging about same.

(And congrats to your kid who, apparently and miraculously, got over food
allergies on the stroke of three. And may his shrink bills always be smaller
than the National Debt.)

OT is as OT does.

Daisy Jane

Old July 4th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

"Daisy" wrote:

There isn't a woman in here who wouldn't agree that nursing a
three-year old child is a cracked-brain thing to do. I'm the only one
who was honest enough to say so.

You lose. I know plenty of mothers who have continued to nurse their 3
and 4-year-old children, and the kids turned out just fine. If my
children hadn't self-weaned when they did I likely would have been
nursing them until they were 3 also. Try speaking only for yourself
instead of deciding that you know what everyone is thinking.

It's no surprise, believe me, that you are "Gemini's" (aka Ruth's)
greatest supporter forher borderline incestuous (certainly emotionally
incestuous) method of relating to her adult son and habit of bragging
about same.

Give me an example of this "incestuous" method of relating to her adult
son. You could probably say the same about me if I shared my
relationship with my adult son with the group here, yet I'm doing
absolutely nothing that any other good mother would do; supporting my
son while he's going to college.

(And congrats to your kid who, apparently and miraculously, got over
food allergies on the stroke of three. And may his shrink bills always
be smaller than the National Debt.)

Actually, it's not that unusual for babies and toddlers to have
reactions to foods and "outgrow" them. My brother's allergies went away
as he got older.

You seem to equate long-term (by your definition) nursing with increased
psychiatric problems when there's absolutely no evidence for this. Show
me your credentials, please, before making such claims.

Based only on what I've seen of your attitude here, I suspect that any
child of yours has a psych diagnosis longer than I am tall, and I'm
5'9".

OT is as OT does.

Sweetie, I've seen the best go OT on people, and you have no idea what's
out there.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old July 4th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:07:51 -0600, "Daisy" spewed
forth :

There isn't a woman in here who wouldn't agree that nursing a three-year old
child is a cracked-brain thing to do. I'm the only one who was honest
enough to say so.

Your problems are your problems. Too bad your mother was so uptight
she put you on the bottle. What a pity boobs are so sexualized that
even most owners of boobs can't view boobs as what they are.

It's no surprise, believe me, that you are "Gemini's" (aka Ruth's) greatest
supporter forher borderline incestuous (certainly emotionally incestuous)
method of relating to her adult son and habit of bragging about same.

How do you figure that? I don't defend anyone but I do try to point
out your shortcomings, however. Intolerance is the one that shows up
most clearly via the written word. Maybe you need a sensitivity
training sort of course, eh?

(And congrats to your kid who, apparently and miraculously, got over food
allergies on the stroke of three. And may his shrink bills always be smaller
than the National Debt.)

No, he didn't. He did wean himself before his fourth birthday and he
eats pretty much everything any other kid does with a few exceptions.
Since you asked, I'll tell you he's jumping from 2nd to 4th this year.
He spent most of his time in the 3rd grade classroom this past year it
won't be a major hassle for anybody. Nobody in my household sees a
shrink, I'm sorry you misread something I typed three or four years
ago - reading comprehension loss is maybe related to senility I guess.

Also since you asked, it wasn't thyroid cancer, merely a fast and
nasty case of Graves' onset. Radiation therapy is slow and I don't
like dealing with the side effects. But you'll notice I only
mentioned it because you asked.

OT is as OT does.

Yep, and nobody forces you to read it, do they?

Daisy Jane

Ditzy Joke, you mean?

You see? I don't get offended by your show of ignorance and bile. I
treat you the way you deserve to be treated: as somebody of low
intelligence and a bigoted world view, somebody who can't conceive of
any way of organizing a family relationship except a dysfunctional
one. It must be hard for you to know that no one will mourn your
passing.

PS - please tell the attendants at your "retreat home" that you're
just a nuisance, not a menace. I'll even write a note if you need
one.

+++++++++++++

Old July 4th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Daisy

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:07:51 -0600, "Daisy" spewed
forth :

There isn't a woman in here who wouldn't agree that nursing a three-year
old
child is a cracked-brain thing to do. I'm the only one who was honest
enough to say so.

Your problems are your problems. Too bad your mother was so uptight
she put you on the bottle.

Wrong. My mother nursed all her babies. Key word: "babies." So did I, my
two. BABIES.

(And congrats to your kid who, apparently and miraculously, got over food
allergies on the stroke of three. No, he didn't. He did wean himself
before his fourth birthday

Well, yeah.

eats pretty much everything any other kid does with a few exceptions..

Wow. Surprise. You'll have to come up with some other rationale for
*nursing * a four year-old.

And may his shrink bills always be smaller than the National Debt.

Nobody in my household sees a shrink.

Well, there's scientific proof of mental health, if I ever saw it.

Also since you asked, it wasn't thyroid cancer, merely a fast and
nasty case of Graves' onset. Radiation therapy is slow and I don't
like dealing with the side effects. But you'll notice I only
mentioned it because you asked.

But I didn't, of course.

You see? I don't get offended by your show of ignorance and bile. I
treat you the way you deserve to be treated: as somebody of low
intelligence and a bigoted world view, somebody who can't conceive of
any way of organizing a family relationship except a dysfunctional
one. It must be hard for you to know that no one will mourn your
passing.

Now you are wishing me dead? Because I think it's gross to *nurse* a 4
year-old?

PS - please tell the attendants at your "retreat home" that you're
just a nuisance, not a menace. I'll even write a note if you need
one.

In your shoes, I would be careful about writing notes to mental hospitals.
Very careful.

Old July 4th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

YarnWright wrote:
I am SO ticked off at DHL, the USPS and the VitaminShoppe!

snip

Well, Noreen, you are certainly holding your true feelings in well.
Maybe you should let it all hang out - you are among friends here. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 4th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:45:30 -0600, "Daisy" spewed
forth :

*tsk* paranoia too.

Now you are wishing me dead? Because I think it's gross to *nurse* a 4
year-old?

Who said the child was 4yo? I said he weaned himself before he turned
four. That gives us...let's see, what that a leap year? Nope...So
that gives us a possible 364 days on which he weaned.

BTW, most non-Western societies usually wean their kids between ages
4-5. Since I was born east of the Mississippi I guess I qualify as a
non-Westerner, but we didn't quite make it so now I've been
disqualified again.

"Gross" is a relative term. I think going to the gynecologist late in
the day is pretty gross because the entire floor - even the elevator -
smells like pussy and I don't particularly care for the odor. I think
having to clean cat barf off the floor is gross, but I do it because
nobody else will in this house no matter how much I bitch about it. I
think sushi is gross but I know people pay lots of money for the
privelege of eating it. I can assure you that sticking my arm into a
sheep's uterus to grab the lamb and help it on it's journey into the
world was REALLY gross, but it had to be done or I'd be out two sheep.
Scraping up the neighbor's weenie dog earlier this year after some
schmuck in a riceburner ran it over was also gross, but fortunately
the poor thing was dead so I didn't have *that* to deal with as well.

And in every case the word "disgusting" is really a better fit than
the word "gross, don't you think?

If providing nourishment for a child is disgusting in your world then
your problems run deep indeed.

+++++++++++++

Old July 4th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Daisy

"Wooly" wrote in message

BTW, most non-Western societies usually wean their kids between ages
4-5.

Well, no. "Most" do not. There are societies in which adults take sticks
and dig raw grubs for dinner and I'll bet that's not what you chose for
yourself last evening. Why should a defenseless child be subjected to
(imagined) societal norms that separate him so from the society he needs to
try to grow up in? Coming up on fourth birthday is a time to be playing in
the yard with one's little friends, and snacking on sandwiches and apple
juice, not off somewhere sucking on mommie's titties.

And in every case the word "disgusting" is really a better fit than
the word "gross, don't you think?

In every way, yes. A perfect word for what you did to that child. As is
"abusive." And here's a third word: "Amazing." Amazing that you boast of
it.

Old July 4th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:40:15 -0600, "Daisy" spewed
forth :

Well, no. "Most" do not. There are societies in which adults take sticks
and dig raw grubs for dinner and I'll bet that's not what you chose for
yourself last evening.

No, but I've tried it. When they're toasted properly a fat grub is
actually pretty nice, but does need salt. I wouldn't want to eat it
every day, but given a choice between foraging for bugs and eating
sushi, I'll take bugs every time. I wouldn't eat a lot of things
every day, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth eating. Many
things are too much work for every-day eating, many things are
unavailable where I live. That doesn't mean I haven't tried it tho.
Pretty much anything can be made edible if you're willing to make the
effort.

Why should a defenseless child be subjected to
(imagined) societal norms that separate him so from the society he needs to
try to grow up in? Coming up on fourth birthday is a time to be playing in
the yard with one's little friends, and snacking on sandwiches and apple
juice, not off somewhere sucking on mommie's titties.

Darling, I have news for you. The "recommendation" for early weaning
happened about the time of the Industrial Revolution. It was a
recommendation made by male doctors at the behest of male factory
owners who knew they could pay women lower wages than men for
equivalent work, but only if the women didn't have kids on the boob.
And hell, let the women bring their kids to the factory, we'll work
the kids too and for yet lower wages than the women were paid.

So take your scruples, take your so-called morals, do a little
research and admit to yourself that you're a prude who couldn't
tolerate the thought of a walking, talking person nursing at your
breast and that you popped the kids early to suit your own sense of
morals and not out of any desire to give them a "better life" by
helping them "fit in" with their bottle-fed peers.

Did I mention that my son is skipping grade 3? His classmates who
were bottlefed on soy formula (I've known a lot of them since their
mothers were small) are falling behind academically.

Coincidence? I think not.

Old July 5th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Teacher Gal

Default OT: Mothers and Sons

Changed subject header to more accurately convey the fact that this
discussion is OT. Some of our newsreaders won't allow us to see the entire
subject heading, and this conversation keeps getting downloaded to me when
I'd rather not engage in it.