Wearable cotton yarn?

Old May 24th 05, 10:55 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Were those the little back scratches, NOreen? That is what we had in school.

Hugs,
Katherine

Yes Katherine, that is how I remember it, when I was in school in Holland.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 24th 05, 10:57 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "MRH"
mthecarpenteratxcelcodotondotca wrote:

We had a little scraping/scratching on the inside of our forearm when I went
to school. I don't think Matthew ever had those tests done... at least I
don't remember hearing about them if he did.

Gemini

Neither did my kids, when they went to school in Toronto. It was thought
not nessisary any more, but maybe we were to quick with that thought.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 25th 05, 01:27 AM
Carol in TN

I was diagnosed with TB back in the early 70s. I was in a special TB ward
for over 3 months. No one else in my family or co-workers got sick. I
don't seem to have any lasting effects except that I am very careful to go
to the doctor if I have a cold that goes to my lungs.

Carol in TN

Old May 25th 05, 01:49 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Were those the little back scratches, NOreen? That is what we had in
school.

Hugs,
Katherine

Yes Katherine, that is how I remember it, when I was in school in
Holland.

We go back a long way, Els! g

Katherine

Old May 25th 05, 02:41 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Carol in TN"
cac8040atbellsouthdotnet wrote:

I was diagnosed with TB back in the early 70s. I was in a special TB ward
for over 3 months. No one else in my family or co-workers got sick. I
don't seem to have any lasting effects except that I am very careful to go
to the doctor if I have a cold that goes to my lungs.

Carol in TN

Carol that must have been a bad scare for you. Glad that that is behind you

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 25th 05, 02:47 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Were those the little back scratches, NOreen? That is what we had in
school.

Hugs,
Katherine

Yes Katherine, that is how I remember it, when I was in school in
Holland.

We go back a long way, Els! g

Katherine

We old grey ancient oldies.....LOL (with a great big grin on my face.....)

Thanks kiddo for your great pattern. I know that Otto's mother made these
Ascot scarves as well. Interestingly, when I was back in Holland in 1996,
one of my very sophisticated nieces wore one made out of fur, quite the in
thing to wear apparently.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 25th 05, 02:57 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Were those the little back scratches, NOreen? That is what we had
in school.

Hugs,
Katherine

Yes Katherine, that is how I remember it, when I was in school in
Holland.

We go back a long way, Els! g

Katherine

We old grey ancient oldies.....LOL (with a great big grin on my
face.....)

Thanks kiddo for your great pattern. I know that Otto's mother made
these Ascot scarves as well. Interestingly, when I was back in
Holland in 1996, one of my very sophisticated nieces wore one made
out of fur, quite the in thing to wear apparently.

Fur? I like the sound of that! I was meant to be filthy rich, you know! g

Katherine

Old May 25th 05, 06:10 AM
Els van Dam

Thanks kiddo for your great pattern. I know that Otto's mother made
these Ascot scarves as well. Interestingly, when I was back in
Holland in 1996, one of my very sophisticated nieces wore one made
out of fur, quite the in thing to wear apparently.

Fur? I like the sound of that! I was meant to be filthy rich, you know! g

Katherine

Well there you go, get yourself a moose, you know, one of those animals
you sometimes meet on the road in Labrador. or a bear, will do as well,
you will look just smashing with your lovely little bear fur.....LOL

Eks

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 25th 05, 08:14 AM
Kirsten Procter

In article ,
Els van Dam wrote:

No TB is not gone and actually on the rise again.

I mentioned to a doctor once that my mother had hd TB, and he said
'everybody your age has a mother who had TB'. I don't think that's quite
true...
(I'm 26, fwiw)

--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
"We can't all and some of us don't. I'm not complaining, but there it is"
Old May 25th 05, 10:51 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
Thanks kiddo for your great pattern. I know that Otto's mother made
these Ascot scarves as well. Interestingly, when I was back in
Holland in 1996, one of my very sophisticated nieces wore one made
out of fur, quite the in thing to wear apparently.

Fur? I like the sound of that! I was meant to be filthy rich, you
know! g

Katherine

Well there you go, get yourself a moose, you know, one of those
animals you sometimes meet on the road in Labrador. or a bear, will
do as well, you will look just smashing with your lovely little bear
fur.....LOL

Bear fur? Interesting. But I think that fox fur would be nicer. g

Katherine

Yarn stash for adoption Deirdre Saoirse Moen Marketplace 0 August 26th 04 10:24 PM
Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 03:09 PM
My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 04:30 AM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 02:19 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM