Half-domed pearls

Old August 28th 03, 04:56 AM
Cheryl

Default Half-domed pearls

Hi everybody,
I need your help. My daughter is getting married (YIPPEE!!!). We are
having so much fun planning everything. We decided to pick out the favors
for the reception and came across the cutest idea. It is a clear little
glass flower pot in which you place a votive candle. The flower pot is
adorned with 8mm half domed pearls (ivory colored) and a ribbon around the
top of the pot. Then they are wrapped up in tulle and tied with a bow. The
problem is that I can't find the half-domed pearls that we need. All I can
find are combination packages in which you may find 5-6 of the required size
at a cost of between $2.99-$3.49 per package. I need 900 of the little
stinkers. I think that I have seen these types of pearls in the past but,
of course, now that I'm trying to find them they all seem to have
disappeared. Has anyone out there seen packages of the 8mm ivory half-domes
pearls? I have searched the internet under google, I've checked out
Michaels, Jo Annes, Total Crafts and Wal-Mart's and can't believe that I
haven't found anything. I even thought that if push came to shove, we could
get the little buttons that come on cards and chop of the attachment parts
but the cards that I found had only 5 on each card. A little pricey when
you need 900. Luckily, we started in plenty of time to get things done but
we may have to change to rhinestones. If anyone has seen these types of
pearls, please let me know where to find them.
Thanks in advance.
Cheryl

Old September 5th 03, 01:08 AM
Breathe

You might also try to contact the manufacturer directly. Even if they don't
normally sell just those in packages, they might work with you since it's in
bulk and for a wedding.

Good luck!

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

AD - Bracelets of pearls, pearls and more pearls bluemaxx Beads 2 January 21st 05 09:58 PM
Holes in fw pearls Bungadora Beads 2 May 23rd 04 06:21 PM
Trade Lampwork for Pearls starlia Beads 2 March 15th 04 07:08 AM
South sea pearls Ripon Jewelry 2 February 18th 04 02:49 AM
The Pearl Exhibit Lee S. Billings Beads 0 December 30th 03 01:58 AM