For Canadian Quilters

Old December 1st 11, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kim Graham[_2_]

Default For Canadian Quilters

I've finally hit the point of no return with Fabricland....here's their
reply to my letter complaining about their new procedures. Their reply boils
down to "yes, we think all our customers are potential thieves!"

Old December 1st 11, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

I guess Fabricland (Fabricville in Quebec) is the Canadian version of
TSWLTH. I haven't bought a pattern from them in years but I sure would
be royally p***** off if I couldn't have the inside of the pattern to
consult when looking for fabric.

My local store annoys me in a different way. Absolutely every time I go
there I have a long wait at the cutting table and/or the cash. Often
there will be several people waiting at the cash and no staff in site. I
go there as a last resort.

Allison

Old December 1st 11, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

There was a small sewing shop in Pascagoula that had that pattern policy a
few decades ago (when there was such a thing as small sewing shops). I
imagine they were so small that any amount of shoplifting would have hurt.
I didn't really mind except I had to be vigilant that the clerk gave me the
right innards at check-out time. That was, of course, back when each
pattern was for just one size. Probably about 1937. Polly

om...

Old December 2nd 11, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Revealing my age here (as if you all didn't know), but there was a
time back in the dark ages when the nice lady at the fabric store
would carry the pattern and accompany you around the store and help
you pick out fabric. And the really good stores wouldn't criticize
your unorthodox choices! Maybe just gently point out that this skirt
needed to be cut on the bias, or that the blouse would look odd with
horizontal stripes. Of course, shops tended to employ more staff back
then. (Or am I romanticizing the past?) Also, I really miss that
gadget on the cutting table where they would pull the edge of the
fabric through to measure it.
Roberta in D

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 15:30:35 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

There was a small sewing shop in Pascagoula that had that pattern policy a
few decades ago (when there was such a thing as small sewing shops). I
imagine they were so small that any amount of shoplifting would have hurt.
I didn't really mind except I had to be vigilant that the clerk gave me the
right innards at check-out time. That was, of course, back when each
pattern was for just one size. Probably about 1937. Polly

. com...

Canadian Quilters... Tigg Quilting 3 December 4th 05 07:59 AM
congrats canadian quilters! Dr. Quilter Quilting 3 March 26th 04 05:29 PM
Canadian Quilters John Gallagher Quilting 4 October 7th 03 06:17 AM
Attn. Canadian Quilters John Gallagher Quilting 0 September 27th 03 06:14 PM
Invitation to Canadian Quilters Margaret Mills Quilting 0 September 17th 03 04:12 AM