ANG magazine "African Sunset"

Old June 23rd 05, 01:48 PM
The Lady Gardener

Default ANG magazine "African Sunset"

In browsing the ANG site I've fallen in love with "African Sunset" in the
latest edition of Needle Pointers. As much in love as I am one pattern does
not warrant an international subscription, does anyone have the magazine
they would care to sell me? (I'd be happy to trade an Australian
magazine - perhaps the latest Inspirations???)

Joanne in wonderfully wintery Perth, Western Australia

Old June 23rd 05, 02:10 PM

Can you print a link to this - I would like to see this!

Old June 23rd 05, 02:44 PM
The Lady Gardener

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you print a link to this - I would like to see this!

This should get you to it.

http://www.needlepoint.org/NeedlePointers/05-05/ToC.htm

Old June 23rd 05, 03:52 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

The use of color is stunning!
Dianne

The Lady Gardener wrote:
oups.com...

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old June 23rd 05, 07:30 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

The Lady Gardener wrote:
In browsing the ANG site I've fallen in love with "African Sunset" in
the latest edition of Needle Pointers. As much in love as I am one
pattern does not warrant an international subscription, does anyone
have the magazine they would care to sell me? (I'd be happy to
trade an Australian
magazine - perhaps the latest Inspirations???)

Joanne in wonderfully wintery Perth, Western Australia

After seeing the sample of it on the website, I too am interested. Let me
know if you find a copy of that mag. Might check your local library as
well.

Old July 27th 05, 02:13 PM
Ellice

on 6/23/05 9:44 AM, The Lady Gardener at posted:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you print a link to this - I would like to see this!

This should get you to it.

http://www.needlepoint.org/NeedlePointers/05-05/ToC.htm

The magazine is generally not available as a separate subscription, but
comes with ANG membership. That said, since this issue came out a couple of
months ago, you can try purchasing it as a "back issue" . This link has the
e-mail address to the publishing company rep that handles this:

http://www.needlepoint.org/Merchandise/BackIssues.htm

If you like this kind of work - you might look at Needlepoint Now, the
magazine published by Joyce Lukomski (a great person, teacher, and does
unbelievable beadwork projects).

http://www.needlepointnow.com/

Designs like African Sunset are pretty typical in the Needlepoint mags.
You might find similar type charted NP designs by Nanette Costa, Sue Kerndt,
or others by Terry Dryden. Nanette Costa's are very much like this one, and
she does some amazing things using color combinations, and manipulating
overdyed threads.

Good luck,
Ellice