LQS closing

Old January 17th 04, 08:26 PM
Elizabeth

Default LQS closing

I just received an e-mail this morning that my lqs is closing - Front Porch
Quilts in Spring, Texas was beginning a liquidation sale today. They are
planning to be a web-based business only. Rats!

Old January 17th 04, 09:19 PM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

Hey, I've been there. That was a nice store. Sorry to hear it's closing.
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

Old January 17th 04, 11:47 PM
Mardi

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:26:05 -0600, "Elizabeth"
wrote:

I just received an e-mail this morning that my lqs is closing - Front Porch
Quilts in Spring, Texas was beginning a liquidation sale today. They are
planning to be a web-based business only. Rats!

That's an interesting choice since so many web based fabric stores are
closing. I just got an e-mail from fabricdotcom.com the other day
that they are going out of business.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old January 18th 04, 12:28 AM
Jalynne

When did you hear this? I got an email from Stephen saying that they'll be at Sew
Expo here at the end of Feb, but nothing about them going out of business. Can you
forward me the email, please?

craftigirl at earthlink dot net
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 18th 04, 03:17 AM
Martha in IN

Jalynne, Don't think they are the same e-store. I *think* the one Mardi is
referring to is fabricdotcom.com, different place, I hope.
Martha
link.net...

Old January 18th 04, 08:14 AM
Dragonfly

Actually the fabricdotcom.com business is for sale -- the owner wants to
spend more time on other activities! Although she didn't have a
bricks-and-morter store, she did travel to quilt shows around the region and
sold stuff in person there.

Dragonfly

Old January 18th 04, 08:15 AM
Dragonfly

Yes, she was meaning fabricdotcom.com, not fabric.com. Fabricdotcom.com is
for sale -- the owner wants more time to pursue other activities.

Dragonfly

"Martha in IN" wrote in message
Jalynne, Don't think they are the same e-store. I *think* the one Mardi is
referring to is fabricdotcom.com, different place, I hope.
Martha
link.net...

Old January 25th 04, 06:27 AM
Elena

I'm sorry to hear that! There's one near me closing also. The Rail Fence
in Aubrey, Tx. SIGHSS I really like that place. It was in a two story log
cabin building. They often had the Civil War re-enactors out to visit.

Elena in Texas

Old January 25th 04, 05:14 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Yeah, I just got word of the Rail Fence's closing sale;
too bad, but they are way the heck out there, off any beaten path;
one of the teachers is with us in the baseball swap group.
Civil War re-enactors: I'd heard about that, but it's always
on the wrong side of the battle. VBG

Ragmop/Sandy--yankee roots

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
I just received an e-mail this morning that my lqs is closing - Front

Porch
Quilts in Spring, Texas was beginning a liquidation sale today. They are
planning to be a web-based business only. Rats!

AD Update: Closing eBay store Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 November 22nd 04 02:34 AM
Skinner Sisters Closing for Three Weeks Linn Skinner Needlework 1 September 20th 04 02:55 AM
Ad: Auctions Closing Arondelle Beads 2 January 22nd 04 10:13 PM
OT - Closing and email LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 12 January 4th 04 03:07 AM
Quilt Shop Closing Sale in Southeast Wisconsin Nbhilyard Quilting 0 December 24th 03 02:31 PM