Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

Old February 8th 18, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:29:20 -0800 (PST), Arliss Link
wrote:

I lurk both here and on Facebook. There really isn’t anything wrong with Facebook, and I’ve reconnected with high school and college friends through it.

It depends a lot on how private you want to be Never be fooled
about all their settings, they don't mean squat. After a precise
lesson by a nerd, I wanted no part of it.

There are other ways to connect, I wanted to write to my friends
sister (my friend died a couple of years ago) and all I knew was her
married name and that she moved to Wales from the Cotswolds. I put
his name into google, and Wales and he immediately showed up at a
school there. I emailed them and fully expect them to do as I ask
and contact her and ask her to get in touch with me. We'll see.
Old February 8th 18, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Martha Beth Lewis

I also dislike FB. I was not even tempted to join.

I'm not sure what's even on there now. I think in the "olden days" it was where people posted pix of folks and chatted with friends and family. I'm guessing now it's full of ads/etc. and troll-ridden.
mb
Old February 9th 18, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Martha Beth Lewis

Kathy is semi-retired from Livermore Labs. Her acting, dancing, church choir, and volunteering with the Livermore Police Department seem to take up a lot of her time. I haven’t seen her for probably 3 years. She was in ND and Montana while I was enjoying a trip to the UK with my sister, her husband (and 44 others) in 2016.

I knew she was singing in the Livermore Opera Com; guess she still is - but I didn't know she'd branched out into dancing and acting, too! Go, girl!

She does fabulous needlework. One day she was over stitching with me, and my ex said to me as he was passing by where we were sitting, "Why is her [ML-I] angel facing a different way [from the pattern]?" Guess what? He was looking at the *back* of her work. Sigh.......
mb

Old February 9th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 14:54:43 -0800 (PST), Martha Beth Lewis
wrote:

I also dislike FB. I was not even tempted to join.

I'm not sure what's even on there now. I think in the "olden days" it was where people posted pix of folks and chatted with friends and family. I'm guessing now it's full of ads/etc. and troll-ridden.
mb

Plus the 'fake news' - I was amazed the other day when a friend I
would categorize as sensible asked me if it was true Harry and Merkel
were breaking up.. I said I didn't have a line to Buck House, but I
would be quite amazed if it were so as having made their engagement
announcement, it must be a pretty sure thing.

Then suddenly thought to ask her where she saw that, thinking National
Enquirer or something, but it was FB I feel Zuckerberg has a lot
to answer for and hope he gets algorithms going before your next
election!
Old February 9th 18, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 2/8/2018 9:29 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:03:54 -0500, Nancy Spera
wrote:

I'm still mostly lurking but not doing much stitching. I keep saying I
should finish the last ornament I started but never get to it. In fact,
the stitching bag is still where I moved it when decorating for Xmas.
Maybe the idea of starting something new would get me back into it.
Until then I have snow and ice to remove from the latest storm.

Nancy

Guess your winter is like ours to some degree. Last evening it
started snowing at 5:30pm, by about 10pm the wind and temperature rose
and the rain poured down, causing plenty of accidents. This a.m.
ground is bare but deceptive, a lot of ice. In 50 years I don't
recall such a changeable winter.

Sounds like you got part of what we had Wednesday.
It's been a seesaw winter. Teens one day, then 40s a few days later.
We had snow then hours of freezing rain, then more snow. I gave up
on the driveway, managed to get most off the steps and then salted.
Then comes another round of snow. Just hoping the snow I left on top
of the ice will give me some traction. Hopefully the warmup this
weekend will help.

Nancy

---
http://www.avg.com

Old February 10th 18, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

Your post prompted me to come out of lurking. I remember your articles on knot stitches in Just Cross Stitch mag. being a big help to me at the time.

I am no longer doing cross stitch, having branched into various types of surface stitching. I think doing knots prompted me to get into embroidery with textures.

However it is nice to see an old-fashioned chat group continuing. Discussions about our stitching interest without advertisements, pop up stuff or trolls.

Sad to hear stitching festivals are declining in the USA. In July the New Zealand national embroidery school is happening in my town and we are all looking forward to it. We are expecting about 400 attendees so it will be great fun.

OT - Gum drop fruitcakes Donna in Idaho Quilting 16 December 3rd 04 01:34 AM
Drop Ship Joseph Olivier Jewelry 2 October 21st 04 02:22 AM
Drop Ship Joe & Judy's Discount Jewelry Jewelry 1 October 9th 04 08:20 PM
CD Drop Spindle Randee Yarn 5 November 18th 03 03:29 PM
Second Gum Drop hat finished! Linda Yarn 1 July 13th 03 04:09 PM