Heat n bond question?

Old February 13th 18, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Heat n bond question?

On Wednesday, May 10, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Lenora C wrote:
OK I am looking at this site and they have instructions on heat and
bond method appliqué,
http://home.flash.net/~cddesign/Free...ow-Fusible.htm
Although I have use other fusible products I have never used heat n
bond. On this site it says that you bond the appliqué to the fabric but
it does not say you turn the edges of your fabric under in any way. I
have always either turned my edges under or satin or blanket stitched
them. They way this makes it sound is you do not do any thing to the
edges you just bond it to the fabric and that is that. Did I miss
something or is this a mistake? Is there a method where you leave your
appliqué edges raw?

Lenora

Heat bond lite works good, but DONT use the ultra if you are planning on machine sewing your applique. I did this when I first started appliqueing, thinking that the ultra hold would be better. Yes it holds great but you will have to change needles every 10 minutes, as it clogs the heck out of the needles. personally glue stick is my personal favorite way of holding my applique in place while I am sewing it to my project

heat n bond or steam a seam? claudia Quilting 15 May 25th 10 12:59 PM
OT cooking question - too much heat polly esther Quilting 47 February 8th 07 05:44 AM
Wonder Under vs. Heat & Bond vs. ??? Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 22 March 1st 06 10:27 PM
Heat and Bond lite KJ Quilting 11 March 11th 04 03:00 PM
OT - um, who is Nancy Bond? Queen of Squishies Quilting 9 November 11th 03 01:35 AM