Craft Rooms

Old September 1st 03, 04:32 PM
Barbara Otterson

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:31:31 -0700, vj wrote:

my dream is to buy a corner lot here [it's currently for sale] and
build on it. bead store on the bottom. living quarters on top. not
that it's remotely likely, but . . .

If it becomes likely, be certain that the zoning
requirements allow all those uses.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"We've got two lives, one we're given,
the other one we make."
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Old September 1st 03, 05:04 PM
Barbara Otterson

I realize that when I asked about doing work in "craft" rooms there really
are two catagories. For beading, embroidery, etc, our projects are
portable. On the other hand, for glass melting or silver smithing you're
dealing with a studio/shop. I wish you dreams come true for your studio.
Might you have a show room (or counter or corner) too? Like a home business
that includes showing your work.

Tina

Yes, I expect to have some open space. I don't know
that it will include a permanent show area, but there
will be enough space for studio shows and sales.
There will also be an area set up for photography.
Permanently. Not used for anything else. So that
I can take pictures without having to take an hour
to set everything up first!

Old September 1st 03, 07:09 PM
Deirdre S.

I'm partial to overshot water wheels. Can we add one of those to our
fantasy? It might actually be useful, too. It could turn a spit on the
barbeque, or do some other bit of rube-goldberg work.

Deirdre

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:29:21 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Karen_AZ"
:

]That's why I want a waterfall, too....the movement helps keep the water
]cooler.

i've got one i'm working on right outside my living room window next
to my chair - so i can hear it. the water is already running - i'm
still playing with the stones and stuff to get it to look nice.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 1st 03, 08:08 PM
Deirdre S.

I hope so. But I can understand skipping anything that makes you feel
awful... I hope your other markets are steady and rewarding without
the price in aches and pains.

Deirdre

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:28:37 GMT, Barbara Otterson
wrote:

(I'll tell you in a few days if it was
worth it.........)

Old September 4th 03, 01:32 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 23:45:51 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

We can use it to generate some electricity or something...i think it's a great idea!

If the utility companies keep going the
way they are, that might be the only
electricity you have!

Craft Club onebigheartmama Beads 0 July 19th 03 03:33 AM
FS Aleenes Craft Club Magazine DMVTREK Beads 0 July 17th 03 07:06 PM