Anniversary and an exciting meeting

Old April 5th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Amber

Default Anniversary and an exciting meeting

I have chosen this day to post this, because this is an exciting post.

First, today for 12 years ago my first serious stitching project was
done, the butterfly pillow.

Second, an amazing story. About a month ago (Feb 28th) I had switched
shifts with my collegue, so I wouldn't regulary be at work on a Wed.
So that makes this all the more special. I had this customer, and we
somehow got talk about stitching. I was telling her about PCStitch and
the pansy, and how I use the program to make patterns. She got really
interested and said would I be interested in helping her out with a
project? To which I replied 'Would I ever!' So we exchanged info and
do you know who she was? A grandchild of the one and only Eva
Rosenstand!!! The best Danish crossstitch designer of all time, imho!
My heart skipped a beat but I didn't make a scene or anything, got to
shake her hand tho.

So we are in contact, I got to visit her and see the very first
catalog and got to give opinions on some pieces. Met her sister and
mother too. What I am doing is taking a finished piece and making a
chart out of it. Easier said than done, but I am having so much fun
doing it!! And she is also going to visit me sometime I am so excited!

Amber
Old April 5th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Amber" wrote in message
[...]

How Wonderful to find someone who loves your hobby as much as you do, plus
finding a new and exciting friend.

Lucille

Old April 7th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Amber,

I think that is fantastic, and no wonder you are excited. It is a
wonderful event when you meet someone related to a "heroine" . I use
that word loosely, but hope you can understand me.

I hope the grand-daughter shows the same talent and skill as her
grandmother.

Keep us informed, OK?

Gillian
Florida

Old April 7th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Apr 5, 3:38 pm, Amber wrote:
I have chosen this day to post this, because this is an exciting post.

First, today for 12 years ago my first serious stitching project was
done, the butterfly pillow.

Second, an amazing story. About a month ago (Feb 28th) I had switched
shifts with my colleague, so I wouldn't regulary be at work on a Wed.
[...]

What fun, Amber! I think the most exciting day for me was similar.
When I went to England for the first time (and consecutive trips as
well), I got to stay with one of my favorite designers, not to mention
she's become my best friend. Congrats and good luck with the
charting!
Tegan
Yes, I'm poking my head out again....it's Spring, isn't that what
groundhogs do?
Old April 8th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

wrote in message
On Apr 5, 3:38 pm, Amber wrote:
[...]

Hi Tegan - nice to see you poke your head up again!

Pat

Old April 9th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Amber

On 7 Apr., 03:21, Gill Murray wrote:
Amber,

I think that is fantastic, and no wonder you are excited. It is a
wonderful event when you meet someone related to a "heroine" . I use
that word loosely, but hope you can understand me.

I hope the grand-daughter shows the same talent and skill as her
grandmother.

Keep us informed, OK?

Well, she and her husband visited me today, and we had a blast. They
saw my stash (were impressed), then we discussed stitching and the
project I was working on. Really cool.