Apology, and an update

Old July 19th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default Apology, and an update

First of all, I'm sorry to be so out of touch with the group lately.
Between monsoon thunderstorms and the fact that I've just plain been busy, I
have had to mark all messages as read a couple of times. Please know that I
think of you all often, and am sorry to have missed the happy dances and
exciting news, and wish I could commiserate with those who are having
troubles right now.

The hug quilt I made for our volunteer was a total success. She was
delighted with it, and though it wouldn't pass muster for any kind of show,
it made her feel loved and appreciated and her family was genuinely touched.
My boss even had the CFO of the hospital come over and sign the quilt! The
day before the Fourth we took the quilt to her. It was a good day, she was
in a hospice but they had finally gotten her pain medications leveled out
and she was getting ready to go home. She was also in much better shape
than on my previous visit. She won't get to use the quilt for long, but it
means a lot to her. The folks at work were grateful, too, for being able to
do *something*.....it's frustrating to be so helpless at a time of crisis.
Some of the people in the office just signed their names and "Love" or
"Prayers," while others wrote more lengthy notes of love and support.

I deeply appreciate the help and suggestions and kind thoughts from this
group, I'm sure the energy you sent had something to do with me being able
to finish the quilt in 10 days.

I may be in and out for a couple of months longer, but will keep thinking of
you and reading when I can.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old July 19th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Good to hear from you, Carolyn, and to hear of another Hug out there doing
what Hugs do. Keep up the good work, and keep popping in when you can.
We're all still here!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 20th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Carolyn-

I'm so happy for you that your quickly-finished hug quilt is giving your
friend some comfort. Bless you for your determination and getting it done
so quickly so she could use it and see how her friends were 'there with her'
thru this sad time.

And never doubt that we miss you! You are a beloved member of this group
and we will always welcome you at any time you have a few minutes to join in
with us. I hope things settle down at work some time soon so we can have
the joy of your posts.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 20th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Carolyn, how did you all fare last night?? I think that you are pretty
close to the area near Miracle Mile where, according to the news up here
there was a lot of wind damage.
Reports of wind gusts up to 75mph were mentioned. Hope you and your mom
are okay. I will be calling to check on my Mom in a bit.

Glad you were able to get the hug done and it is doing its job.

Pati,in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old July 21st 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

We're fine, Pati. Got some odds and ends blown around and lots of oranges
blown off the tree, but no house damage. We're lucky, I guess. Lots of
people had serious damage to trees and even power lines. I heard on the
news where a man in Phoenix stepped into his yard when the lights went out,
and was electrocuted by a downed power line. Big trees uprooted in Oro
Valley, and lots of limbs off trees up by my workplace. Maybe the storm,
coming from the south, was calming a bit by the time it hit us.

So many dreadful tragedies have happened all over the world in the past few
years, our Arizona weather seems pretty calm by comparison. But hot. And
during the monsoon season, it isn't a dry heat. grin

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

nk.net...

Carolyn McCarty wrote:

[...]

OT - Apology TerriLee in WA \(state\) Quilting 5 April 27th 07 04:16 AM
apology creekcreations Quilting 1 June 26th 06 05:28 AM
Apology CNYstitcher Quilting 12 May 28th 05 01:06 AM
Apology to all Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 6 August 28th 04 05:55 PM