There he goes again!

Old July 17th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default There he goes again!

Here is a picture of the finished Library Quilt mounted onto the wall
in the local library. It is 4' x8' and is in the same thousand piece
pattern. This is the third in the series that I have done and I have
really enjoyed doing them but I am now ready to move on to the next
phase of my developement. We are getting a brass plaque made with the
pertainant information as to who/what/ and other information and it
should be mounted next to the quilt soon. The people at the Library
were so excited to have it,and they are getting the local paper to
come and photograph and do an article on it. Probably as much because
it was done by a man as anything. I hope they enjoy it as much as I
have gotten enjoyment out of having them placing my first comission on
display in my local town and having the community see it. The Library
is the hub of this community and gets a lot of foot traffic and is a
Jewel of the community.

Enjoy,

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635jmsceL

John

Old July 17th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

That's awesome, John! Good on you!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 17th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Congratulations John.
That is a terrific achievement. I can hardly believe you have done it
so quickly! But, that is the way you like to work, so good on you. I
wonder whether this will lead to other interesting ventures for you? It
would be fun, if so.
Did you make the hanging pole?
..
In message .com, John
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 17th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Looks Great!! You GO GUY!

ME-Judy

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is a picture of the finished Library Quilt mounted onto the wall
in the local library. It is 4' x8' and is in the same thousand piece
pattern.

The people at the Library
were so excited to have it,and they are getting the local paper to
come and photograph and do an article on it. Probably as much because
it was done by a man as anything. Enjoy,

Old July 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! You did good and it looks great hanging there.
Congrats!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

oups.com...

Old July 17th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That looks terrific John. What a great job you did. You gonna give
us the details of batting and such or did I miss that . I remember
your were kicking around ideas with interfacing and such.
How nice to have a quilt like that displayed for the community to
enjoy.
SO what is the next phase entail?
Taria

Old July 17th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

And done by a crazy man at that! Looks great -you deserve all the praise you
can get. I like the finials on the hanging rod, very dignified.
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Old July 18th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

WOOT!!!!!!!!! You go guy!

John this is great. Beautiful work. I just know you are going to get
tons of requests for quilits. Make sure you charge what you are worth.

Sunny

Old July 18th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jul 17, 12:10 pm, Patti wrote:
Congratulations John.
That is a terrific achievement. I can hardly believe you have done it
so quickly! But, that is the way you like to work, so good on you. I
wonder whether this will lead to other interesting ventures for you? It
would be fun, if so.
Did you make the hanging pole?
.

No I purchased it at Lowes. I had purchased a number of them in the
past to hang some curtains around our house and I liked the way they
look and I thought it would work for this hanging. The only thing I
had to do was join 2 shorter pieces, a 6' and a 4' to make a single
pole of a sufficent length (10') so that I could accommodate the 8'
quilt length plus the space for the mounting brackets. I drilled a
hole down the center of each end and glued a dowel in there which gave
a good strong joint so as to support the quilt. I hope that it will
lead to further adventures as there is a write up in the paper with
pictures coming either this week or next. No longer will I slave over
a hot sewing machine for nothing. My fame and fortune will undoubtedly
change. At least I know for sure that my fortune will change but it
probably will be for the lesser as I seem to keep buying all this
fabric.
I hope that it is true that he/she who dies with the most fabric
wins.

John

Old July 18th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

John wrote:
[...]

After weighing the various opinions from all of you, I decided to go
with the medium weight Mountain Mist Polyester so as to limit the
weight of the quilt and yet still give it enough loft to show off the
small 1-1/2" finished squares. I think it worked out as to how I
envisioned it, without having to make a mistake by getting too fancy
with the interior batting. The next thing going is still a work in
progress as to design but I still need a couple (3) of large wall
hanging quilts of bed size for my house hall stairway. So, at least I
know where they will go even if I haven't finalized the design yet.

John