For the quilter who has everything

Old July 10th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default For the quilter who has everything

A washing machine perfect for that little pile of new fat quarters,
charm squares, and jelly roll that needs washing before use.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2202170
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 10th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I love that! I absolutely love it.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 10th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

http://tinyurl.com/3yfyhl

serves the same purpose,
perfect for delicate wash & rinse cycles,
spin cycle appropriate to laundered items;
also doubles as a cat litter box or stash holder.
Similar product(s) can be found at the Dollar Store.

R/S

Old July 10th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

A salad spinner works very nicely, too, and is a heck of a lot
cheaper!

Old July 11th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I have that fancy schmantzy Bosch front load washer.
Everything goes in that until the end of time with
what that sucker cost. I do have to admit it is
very gentle and does a very delicate wash.
I still wish I had kept my old Maytag. : (
Taria

Old July 11th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Problems with the front loader or what? Do tell cause I am in the market
for one.

--
Cindy from MO

Old July 11th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jul 10, 3:08 pm, Debra wrote:
A washing machine perfect for that little pile of new fat quarters,
charm squares, and jelly roll that needs washing before use.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2202170
Debra in VA
See my quilts athttp://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

How cute!! I love that. Thanks for posting the link! Never heard of
them.

Sherry

Old July 12th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I love my front loader. I will NEVER purchase anything else.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old July 12th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT washer machine For the quilter who has everything

I hate the long time the cycles take. Almost an hour for most.
The foaming can add hours and hours. I can't use more than 2 Tbsp.
soap (yes the 'he' kind) and I still can't work my favorite Biz out.
Bosch has not been helpful in support. They laughed about the amount of
soap even though they openly admitted the wrong amount is printed on the
machine itself. They never even heard of Biz. Biz folks won't even
email a response to a question. When the machine spins at top speed (to
keep dryer use down) the clothes all have creases that are hard to iron
out. The buzzers drive everyone bonkers. I did a lot of research but
nobody mentioned the length of cycle time. They do vary on models.
When I finally went out to buy there were almost none in stock anywhere
so I kind of got had. This brand wasn't my first choice.
We live in the Ca desert so water use is important. This machine is
great for that. It really is very kind and delicate to specialty kind
of stuff. WHen I have quilts and caps and oddball stuff to launder
I am a happy camper. I would get a front loader again just because of
the water but I would choose a different brand and I still probably
wouldn't like the long time of cycles. I gave up an old top loading
maytag that probably would have lasted another 10 or 20 years but it
went with the house we sold. I miss it. From everything I have read and
everyone I have talked to I think I am the only one who doesn't like
these things if that helps Cindy.
Rant over, you asked LOL
Taria

Old July 12th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:34:28 GMT, Taria
wrote:

I hate the long time the cycles take. Almost an hour for most.
The foaming can add hours and hours.

Yes, the cycles are longer, but that is so the little soap and water
in there can get throughout all the clothes to do the job properly.
What do you mean by foaming? Are you talking about excess suds
causing the machine to run longer? If so, how does it automatically
add more time to the cycle? Did you know that a little liquid fabric
softener will cut down suds in a wink? I keep some on hand just for
that purpose.

I take it that you don't have a "quick cycle" option that would give
you a shorter wash cycle to use on lightly soiled or small loads, or
even the ability to tell the machine light, medium, or heavy soil for
various timed loads like I do on my machine. I'm sorry to hear that.
I can also choose several levels of spin speed from zero to nearly
warp speed, but yours sounds like it spins at true warp speed if your
dryer isn't removing the wrinkles from the washing machine out so that
you have to iron everything after drying. I wish your machine had as
many options as mine because I think you would be a lot happier.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

I'm a quilter justjoansetc Sewing 1 March 12th 06 12:11 AM
New quilter Dave and Miss Quilting 8 May 20th 05 03:47 PM
New quilter on the way! Kate Dicey Quilting 4 August 30th 04 02:04 AM
New Quilter from OZ Natalie and Aaron Leaver Quilting 17 December 9th 03 07:59 PM
you know you're a quilter when.... Musicmaker Quilting 21 September 29th 03 02:22 AM