Finished the clock from April

Old June 7th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default Finished the clock from April

I finished the Octagon clock I started in April after a few practice
projects and a class. I see some things that are obvious improvements
now, but in general I like the result.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onClock043.jpg

Old June 7th 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Hi

On 6 Jun 2006 17:01:01 -0700, wrote:

I finished the Octagon clock I started in April after a few practice
projects and a class. I see some things that are obvious improvements
now, but in general I like the result.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onClock043.jpg

Well done ! - looks good.

What's your next project ??

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

Old June 8th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Although I guess I will be making another clock, I would like some
ideas that maybe I have not thought of. The original reason for
getting into stained glass again was to create some interesting
additions to my woodworking hobby. I am into Craftsman furniture
(although I am not opposed to trying some other style). Any ideas for
other projects that combine wood and stained glass?

Of course, a lamp is another idea. I have not considered that yet, but
that is sure a possibility. I have seen styrofoam forms that are used
to shape the lampshades. Have any of you made your own forms? How?

Old June 8th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have seen styrofoam forms that are used
to shape the lampshades. Have any of you made your own forms? How?

Your time and effort would probably be better spent using a commercially
available form. They are relatively cheap. The time spent reinventing
this wheel could be profitably spent working on glass skills.

Old June 8th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Hi

On 8 Jun 2006 04:42:59 -0700, wrote:

Although I guess I will be making another clock, I would like some
ideas that maybe I have not thought of. The original reason for
getting into stained glass again was to create some interesting
additions to my woodworking hobby. I am into Craftsman furniture
(although I am not opposed to trying some other style). Any ideas for
other projects that combine wood and stained glass?

Of course, a lamp is another idea. I have not considered that yet, but
that is sure a possibility. I have seen styrofoam forms that are used
to shape the lampshades. Have any of you made your own forms? How?

I must confess that I don't really have the patience for complex
'tiffany-style' lampshades - not sure that I could find a market for
them, bearing in mind the time/cost involved.

If you are handy with woodworking - how about a 'lantern' - use wood
for the framework and then make up four flat stained-glass panels for
the four sides of the panel - might look quite nice...

You could 'borrow' a classical design - or start from scratch.
Glass 'nuggets' work well (=grapes etc ?)
Even include some nice agate slabs, polished gemstones - or maybe
seashells. You can build in anything that you can wrap foil around....

Have fun !
Adrian

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Hi

What's your next project ??

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

JANUARY'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 24 January 3rd 06 11:42 AM
DECEMBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 83 December 16th 05 02:03 AM
NOVEMBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 6 November 2nd 05 01:45 AM
Finished (sort of) M Rimmer Quilting 0 July 10th 05 06:43 PM
JULY's BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 26 June 28th 05 07:09 PM