hug for Cher

Old May 9th 05, 11:06 PM
Matthew Hollands

"Cher" wrote in message
. uk...
Yeah but you don't know the half of it, no wonder my neighbour laughed at
me when I said I got great tits in the garden...I didnt give it a thought,
and looking for a web url for our Great Tits I was hit with tons of boob
pages..lol of course we use that slang T word over here for boobs as
well,
but me knowing what I was talking about didn't think of the other word or
part of the female anatomny it meant...lol

LOL I *could* say I have them in my garden too, Cher... but, er... it
wouldn't mean the little feathered kind.

Gem
(who is very glad that Matthew isn't home today and reading this... he'd be
on the floor with laughter)

Old May 9th 05, 11:11 PM
Cher

There was a childrens set of story books, not sure who by, they may have
been by Beatrice Potter, I never read any, but they often had something in
the title of them like ''Thomas Titmouse''' and cos she wrote about
squirrels and hedgehogs and fieldmice for children, I naturally conjured up
this image of a Tufted Titmouse as a mouse...lol

Mind you I don't know why, as I call all the tit families Mr and Mrs Thomas
Tit....lol

These birds that are nesting though, must be worn out by now, they have
kept up a pace going back and forth to the nest with insects for the
young....poor little things, They both go to the nut feeder for the odd
peanut and thus some extra energy boosting fibre...aww they are so
cute.....couple more days and the nest box will be empty and silent, then
I'll get all sorts of other birds into the garden, Mr and Mrs Blackbird
with two juniors will come for their grapes, and the ring neck wood pidgeons
will waddle up and down the fence, I call this pair Wallace and
Gromit....lol. The hedgehog will soon have her young out in the garden at
night snuffling about....what a racket they flipping make too....lol

hugs...Cher
"Matthew Hollands" wrote in message
"Cher" wrote in message
. uk...
Now how cute is that little fellow....

I've just looked at a tufted titmouse, and thought it was going to be a
form
of field mouse...lol

I thought he was going to be a little mouse too, Cher! LOL

Gem

Old May 9th 05, 11:16 PM
Cher

I love the birdsong early in the morning, but I like all nature, foxes
hedgehogs and I have at teh moment one mouthy frog at the edge of one of my
ponds shouting for a mate for all he's worth.....drives ya nuts all day
long.....lol

The only bird I'm not very happy with at the moment is the Heron, he's been
and had all but two of my pond ornamental fish, nature is somewhat a bit
cruel at times...but guess we are the same to feed..

cheers..Cher

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Cher" wrote in message

I didnt' give it a thought that it sounded rather rude, or like a
typo....I'm so sorry for any embarrassment caused...

Cheers ...Cher

No embarrassment at all! I'm a bird friend, and must admit, I've not

heard
of a Great Tit. A titmouse, yes.... heh, heh. I've learned something

new
today, plus you probably think I have a dirty mind (grin).

Thanks for the link - it's a very pretty bird!

Shelagh

Old May 9th 05, 11:26 PM
Cher

lol...we also say Butt End....means the end bit of a cigarette...lol
wonder how our interpretations got muddled up.......lol

"Matthew Hollands" wrote in message
"Cher" wrote in message
. uk...
I was gonna say the same as Gem has answered...lol...mind you your

buttocks
over their is a very rude word over here..|LOL

Hey Cher, I have a cousin in England with the last name of Fagg. I know
that it has been known to mean "cigarette" in England, but it sure doesn't
mean that over here. So when she and her husband where coming to Canada I
warned them in advance what it meant just in case they heard giggling from
anyone. ;o)

Gem

Old May 9th 05, 11:30 PM
Cher

Awwwww shall have to look one up, sounds cute
(this came back to me, obviously I hit reply instead of reply to
group...lol)

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
We have the tufted titmouse!
JM2C,
N.

"Cher" wrote in message
OMG I didn't think that you don't have Great Tits over

there.....lol
here is the url to see an adult Great Tit,
http://www.rspb.org.uk/birds/guide/g/greattit/index.asp

I'll try and find out why they are so called....something to do

with their
caps I think....
Thanks so much Helen, we also have coal tits and blue tits, and

here is a
link to the Great Tit, they are great little fellows green and

yellow with
a black cap, a thin black stripe down the middle front of the

female, and
thicker for a male....

"Helen Halla Fleischer" wrote in message
| On Mon, 9 May 2005 05:59:01 -0500, "Shillelagh"

wrote:

"Cher" wrote in message
k...

...at least the chicks only great tits
will get a chance tofly off with their parents in a few weeks

Aaaaah Cher, I know in my heart it's a typo, but please tell me

what you
were trying to say - I just can't figure it out (LOL)

Shelagh

I'm no Cher, but I do know that the great tit is a British song

bird if
that helps.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

Old May 9th 05, 11:36 PM
Shillelagh

"Cher" wrote in message
. uk...
I love the birdsong early in the morning, but I like all nature, foxes
hedgehogs and I have at teh moment one mouthy frog at the edge of one of

my
ponds shouting for a mate for all he's worth.....drives ya nuts all day
long.....lol

The only bird I'm not very happy with at the moment is the Heron, he's

been
and had all but two of my pond ornamental fish, nature is somewhat a bit
cruel at times...but guess we are the same to feed..

cheers..Cher

We also have a pond and to keep the herons out, we stretch a black netting
across the pond and anchor it with rocks. You can't see it unless you're up
close and it keeps the koi and goldfish safe.

It's a bit early yet, but we will get goldfinches (my favourites), ruby
throat hummingbirds, northern orioles, flickers (already here), robins (also
here). We also have woodpeckers,crows, ravens, magpies, blue jays, black
capped chickadees, various sparrows, and way too many red-winged blackbirds.
I adore the chickadees, and they're here all year long.

Last year we found some HUGE leopard frogs in our bigger pond. HUGE!! You
should hear them! Their tadpoles are enormous. We also have (I think) wood
frogs - they are bright green with sticky pads on their feet. We are
fortunate to be out in a rural area and can enjoy nature. Don't like
mosquitoes though. We screened in our porch to get away from them.

Shelagh

Old May 9th 05, 11:52 PM
Matthew Hollands

"Cher" wrote in message
. uk...
These birds that are nesting though, must be worn out by now, they have
kept up a pace going back and forth to the nest with insects for the
young....poor little things, They both go to the nut feeder for the odd
peanut and thus some extra energy boosting fibre...aww they are so
cute.....couple more days and the nest box will be empty and silent, then
I'll get all sorts of other birds into the garden, Mr and Mrs Blackbird
with two juniors will come for their grapes, and the ring neck wood
pidgeons
will waddle up and down the fence, I call this pair Wallace and
Gromit....lol. The hedgehog will soon have her young out in the garden at
night snuffling about....what a racket they flipping make too....lol

Aww how nice of you to feed them all. We put bread out for the birds and
when I'm in the city I go to the park and feed the ducks and Canada geese
too (thankfully there is a store where I can buy cheaper bread to feed
them). Last year there was one duck that had me laughing... but he won my
heart for sure. He was literally jumping up and down like a little excited
kid about to get a treat. hehehe

Oh speaking of geese... I heard the tail end of something on the news today
about some horrible guy who kicked a mother goose and her goslings to death,
because she hissed at him. Can you imagine? I was so furious, he is very
lucky that I was nowhere nearby or I would have totally flipped out on him
and been giving him a taste of his own medicine. I honestly don't know how
some people can be so cruel to animals. It just breaks my heart.

*hugs*
Gem

PS I didn't realize that hedgehogs even made a sound. But then I didn't
know that rabbits could make sounds either until one day when I went to move
an injured one into a shoebox to bring home for my Dad to make better (he
did too)... the poor little thing let go with a loud piercing scream that
could make your blood turn cold. He eventually got stronger and slipped
away from the garage during the night.

Old May 9th 05, 11:59 PM
Matthew Hollands

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
It's a bit early yet, but we will get goldfinches (my favourites), ruby
throat hummingbirds, northern orioles, flickers (already here), robins
(also
here). We also have woodpeckers,crows, ravens, magpies, blue jays, black
capped chickadees, various sparrows, and way too many red-winged
blackbirds.
I adore the chickadees, and they're here all year long.

Last year (haven't seen him yet this year) while I was sitting on the back
porch I heard this very pretty song and after searching a bit I spotted a
gorgeous orange oriole high in the tree at the back of the yard. I went to
the door and called Matthew and we just sat out there for the longest time
just watching and listening to him singing away.

One afternoon last week when we got back to the house I heard a familiar
song going on and looked around... there on our tv antenna was a pair of
cardinals singing very loudly. )

Gem

Old May 10th 05, 02:58 AM
spampot

Oh yes, I remember when I lived in Yorkshire, a colleague had a mug from
the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) that said, "I Love
Tits" -- a very popular mug! Drew guffaws from both Brits and Yanks.

Cher wrote:
Yeah but you don't know the half of it, no wonder my neighbour laughed at
me when I said I got great tits in the garden...I didnt give it a thought,
and looking for a web url for our Great Tits I was hit with tons of boob
pages..lol of course we use that slang T word over here for boobs as well,
but me knowing what I was talking about didn't think of the other word or
part of the female anatomny it meant...lol

"Els van Dam" wrote in message

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

I didnt' give it a thought that it sounded rather rude, or like a
typo....I'm so sorry for any embarrassment caused...

Cheers ...Cher

No embarrassment caused at all, just broad smiles from broad

ladies......LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome