Kaleidoscopes for Beading

Old September 9th 03, 02:52 AM
Tink

Default Kaleidoscopes for Beading

Does anyone know of a source for kaleidoscopes for beading, other than:
http://www.artcraftworld.com/beads.htm

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

Old September 9th 03, 04:51 AM
Tink

Here are some nice pics of beaded kaleidoscopes:

http://www.emuszine.com/images/Gw-one2.jpg
http://www.eggsr4me.com/eggcentricities/scope-b.html
http://checkerbeads.tripod.com/sale/scope.html

Old September 9th 03, 03:00 PM
Russell / K.L. Mitchell

Kaleidoscopes!!! My favorite thing. Nobody can resist them! They are
magical. From young to old, male, female, "world weary teens".
Everyone loves them.

I have beaded and woven around a lot of them, see a couple of them
he

http://community.webtv.net/catslapbaskets/KALEIDOSCOPES

There is a website that has this size of Kaleidoscope inserted into
small gourds that are embellished. search "kaleidoscope gourds" on
google, it is about the second hit on the list. I think they sell them
there.

I teach kaleidoscope classes, so I too sell them $16.00 each plus
postage.

Call your local bead store, that is where I found my first one and
decided I needed MORE.

HTH, back to lurking, Karen

http://community.webtv.net/catslapbaskets/doc

Old September 9th 03, 03:45 PM
CLP

Wow - Karen, you should come out more often. What fantastic things your
necklace baskets are! And the pins are marvelous. Where do you sell?

--
It could work.

Live and be well,
Christy

Old September 9th 03, 05:12 PM
Russell / K.L. Mitchell

I just realized that I should have added (AD) to my first post.... since
I did mention I sell kaleidoscope kits... Sorry about that.... but I
think your LBS or the gourd/kaleidoscope site would have a better price
than mine!... so shop around for a good price.

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. I think all the beaded
Kaleidoscopes pictured are done in single drop, even count peyote. The
beaded ends on the purple woven one are sort of a "mixture" of single/
double drop to get it to be even count and have enough beads to cover
the end ... so it is, as we used to say in the Sheet Metal trade "mush
faked". Translated: It looks okay but it isn't "kosher"!! .... and
later you forget how the heck you did that!

I sell my "stuff" at basketry conventions and other teaching gigs I do,
and sometimes at the Minnesota Textile Center in Mpls, MN.

Here are a couple of more web pages if you care to look:
http://community.webtv.net/catslapba...adworkbyKarenL

http://community.webtv.net/catslapbaskets/BeadedStone

Thanks again, Happy Beading!
Karen

Oh yeah, the copper loomed pins are fun, gotta love that copper!

http://community.webtv.net/catslapbaskets/doc

Old September 9th 03, 08:26 PM
Tink

Yea... Me, too. With a good enough price, it might be worth a group buy, I
think.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"Juanita Floyd" wrote in message
I'd like to get some too Tink. I looked at the artcraft people, but I just

want
a couple not 10 or more!

Juanita

HREF=http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=rvns
brk&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25BE Bay Items/B/A

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Old September 9th 03, 11:28 PM
Deirdre S.

I agree... lovely stuff!

Deirdre (who loves kaleidoscopes)

Old September 9th 03, 11:34 PM
Deirdre S.

Is that the place near the Witch's Hat Tower?

Deirdre

Old September 10th 03, 01:02 AM
Russell / K.L. Mitchell

Is that the place near the Witch's Hat Tower?
Deirdre

LOL, Deirdre, yes it is above the center and to the left as you face the
center..... I have used that "Witch's Hat Tower" description with
people who are natives and amazingly the have no clue where it is at!

And to me the tower is so much a landmark that really stands out..... it
just sort of "screams" Halloween and you can see it so well from several
routes, especially 94.

You didn't miss too much here by leaving here this summer, the good
news is there were fewer mosquitoes than expected ... the bad news is,
that happened because of the drought ... and a lot of crops have failed.
I guess it is always something!

Thanks for the compliment!
Happy Beading, Karen

http://community.webtv.net/catslapbaskets/doc