What are you reading/listening to

Old August 1st 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What are you reading/listening to

I've started Deanna Raybourn's Lady Jane Grey series of romantic mysteries.
Set in Victorian England, the plot is good, the cast of characters
delightfully odd and what more can you ask for.

I also have the latest Sarah Jane Addison to break up the series.

I'm hoping to garden today - at least as much as I am hoping to read and
stitch. But we will see about the garden part, I had a rock slide off the
retaining wall near my spigot and I now have a very purple toe.

Cheryl

Old August 1st 10, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Aug 1, 8:18*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've started Deanna Raybourn's Lady Jane Grey series of romantic mysteries.
Set in Victorian England, the plot is good, the cast of characters
delightfully odd and what more can you ask for.

I also have the latest Sarah Jane Addison to break up the series.

I'm hoping to garden today - at least as much as I am hoping to read and
stitch. But we will see about the garden part, I had a *rock slide off the
retaining wall near my spigot and I now have a very purple toe.

Cheryl

Currently reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest,
savoring it as it's the last. I've got another Christopher
Fowler's Peculiar Crimes Unit waiting in the wings.

After pruning the pyracantha back from the house where
last winter's snows pushed it (had a cardinal nest in it so
had to wait on that) and cleaning ivy out from under the
holly bushes I think I'll take today off from gardening.

Nancy
Old August 1st 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I've started Deanna Raybourn's Lady Jane Grey series of romantic
mysteries.
Set in Victorian England, the plot is good, the cast of characters
delightfully odd and what more can you ask for.

I also have the latest Sarah Jane Addison to break up the series.

I'm hoping to garden today - at least as much as I am hoping to read and
stitch. But we will see about the garden part, I had a rock slide off the
retaining wall near my spigot and I now have a very purple toe.

Cheryl

Happily reading Breakup, the 6th Dana Stabenow Kate Shugak book.
Recommended here and new to me. Waiting in the wings is Girl Who Played
With Fire and a bunch of others.

So far the recommendations from this group have been almost all fabulous.
Keep them coming.

Lucille

Old August 1st 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Aug 1, 8:18*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've started Deanna Raybourn's Lady Jane Grey series of romantic mysteries.
Set in Victorian England, the plot is good, the cast of characters
delightfully odd and what more can you ask for.

I also have the latest Sarah Jane Addison to break up the series.

I'm hoping to garden today - at least as much as I am hoping to read and
stitch. But we will see about the garden part, I had a *rock slide off the
retaining wall near my spigot and I now have a very purple toe.

Cheryl

I'm on a non-fiction kick as I just finished Dr. Frost's "Stuff." I am
happy to report I am not a hoarder. LOL

And I'm working my way through all the Malcolm Gladwell books. I'm
reading "Blink" now.

Donna in Virginia
Old August 1st 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Aug 1, 9:27*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 8/1/10 8:30 AM, in article
, "Nancy"

wrote:
[...]

Working around holly is hard enough, but adding ivy - you deserve the day
off

Thanks, the next chore outside is to trim the ivy growing into the
grass,
a never ending job. After that, clear out the ivy under the
pyracantha......
that will be fun!!! I jut love all these prickly plants DF planted.

Now to get to the book and maybe some stitching.

Nancy
Old August 1st 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Michelle G.

Two weeks ago I read all three of Stieg Larsson's books (yes, all three in
one week! I just couldn't put them down) "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo",
"The Girl Who Played With Fire", and "The Girl Who Kicked the
Hornet's Nest". He only wrote these three books before he died, but, they
are fantastic. He was Swedish, so the novels are set in Stockholm. They're
mysteries and are so good!
Michelle G.

Old August 2nd 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/1/10 12:45 PM, in article
, "Nancy"

wrote:
[...]

I knew how much work ivy was, so I've never been tempted to plant any.
Though, if it's in the grass, just mow it. That should discourage it.

Cheryl

Old August 2nd 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Aug 1, 2:33*pm, "Michelle G." wrote:
Two weeks ago I read all three of Stieg Larsson's books (yes, all three in
one week! I just couldn't put them down) "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo",

I finished this one last week and am waiting for the 2nd one to come
back to the library. In the meantime, I read Janet Spaeth's
"Remembrance", set in 1886 in northern MN. She writes religious-based
romances. I'll probably read her "Kind hearted woman" next.

Other than that, I removed all the wire on the pasture fence in
preparation for redoing the fence before DD's horse comes home for the
winter. In 90 degree weather. No, she couldn't help because she's 70
miles away. DH & I need to reset some of the posts before any further
work is done on it.

Joan

So what is everybody reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 39 September 22nd 09 05:17 AM
for your listening pleasure while you quilt Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 11 February 23rd 08 12:58 AM
OT - reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 12th 05 06:42 PM
Thanks for listening, guys. was-- OT -- YAY! Ding dong, the..... Dr. Sooz Beads 11 August 21st 04 06:01 PM
Way OT--Reading Lucille Needlework 14 September 18th 03 02:36 AM