What's in your tote?

Old July 29th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What's in your tote?

Well, starting today, DD begins her adventure with braces and that means
some lots of couch time while I wait for her. Since we've already been to
the office a few times and it's near a rink, we know what's near by for an
"after's treat". We'll head to Starbucks for a caramel frappachino and
embracement on her part if there any bags of "grounds for the garden".

So in my tote today I have a very old Lizzie Kate Xmas ornament of a dog in
a Santa hat and a Textile Heritage bookmark. And one or two books and my
reading glasses

If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Cheryl

Old July 29th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jul 29, 8:08*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Well, starting today, DD begins her adventure with braces and that means
some lots of couch time while I wait for her. Since we've already been to
the office a few times and it's near a rink, we know what's near by for an
"after's treat". We'll head to Starbucks for a caramel frappachino and
embracement on her part if there any bags of "grounds for the garden".

So in my tote today I have a very old Lizzie Kate Xmas ornament of a dog in
a Santa hat and a Textile Heritage bookmark. And one or two books and my
reading glasses

If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Cheryl

Sometimes a book, sometimes a puzzle book, and
more recently my ipod.

Nancy
Old July 29th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/29/2010 8:08 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Cheryl

Usually a small project, like a bookmark (I started a Textile Heritage
one last week while waiting for DM at the dr.) or an ornament. If I know
it'll be awhile, I'll settle in with a crochet piece and audiobook on my
mp3 player (currently working through a Debbie Macomber knit shop novel)
or a larger cross stitch project.

I can't "read-read" in waiting rooms...too many distractions.

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old July 29th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Well, starting today, DD begins her adventure with braces and that means
some lots of couch time while I wait for her. Since we've already been to
the office a few times and it's near a rink, we know what's near by for an
"after's treat". We'll head to Starbucks for a caramel frappachino and
embracement on her part if there any bags of "grounds for the garden".

So in my tote today I have a very old Lizzie Kate Xmas ornament of a dog
in
a Santa hat and a Textile Heritage bookmark. And one or two books and my
reading glasses

If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Cheryl

A crocheted sweater for my two year old that I started last winter.
Hopefully she'll still be a 2T by the time fall comes. I had been working on
it during my weekly hospital visits for iron transfusions, but by the time
those ended I still hadn't finished it. I also throw whatever book strikes
my fancy for the day in there.

Jinx

Old July 29th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Jinx Minx" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Well, starting today, DD begins her adventure with braces and that means
some lots of couch time while I wait for her. Since we've already been to
the office a few times and it's near a rink, we know what's near by for
an
"after's treat". We'll head to Starbucks for a caramel frappachino and
embracement on her part if there any bags of "grounds for the garden".

So in my tote today I have a very old Lizzie Kate Xmas ornament of a dog
in
a Santa hat and a Textile Heritage bookmark. And one or two books and my
reading glasses

If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Cheryl

My Kindle with whatever is the book of the day and sometimes something
crocheted. I can't do much knitting now with these hands, but I can still
crochet a little.

Lucille

Old July 30th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 7/29/2010 5:40 PM, Lucille wrote:

"Jinx Minx" wrote in message

[...]

I take either knitting or crochet, plus reading matter. I find that
embroidery of any kind, which requires changing threads etc., is too
much of a bother in a professional office waiting room, particularly if
it is crowded.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old July 30th 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jul 29, 7:08*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Doesn't matter where I am, I always take whatever my current project
is with me, no matter how big or small. I am one of the few one-
project-at-a-timers. My stitching is my constant companion...maybe
even more so than my purse!

Joan
Old July 31st 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

My Kindle or my Droid with the Kindle app I can't stitch in a
waiting room, but I can read. I prefer reading with the Kindle to
reading with the Droid, but sometimes, like this morning, what should
have been a two minute wait becomes a one-hour wait, and the Droid is
what gets used.....

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:08:09 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Well, starting today, DD begins her adventure with braces and that means
some lots of couch time while I wait for her. Since we've already been to
the office a few times and it's near a rink, we know what's near by for an
"after's treat". We'll head to Starbucks for a caramel frappachino and
embracement on her part if there any bags of "grounds for the garden".

So in my tote today I have a very old Lizzie Kate Xmas ornament of a dog in
a Santa hat and a Textile Heritage bookmark. And one or two books and my
reading glasses

If you know you're going to be waiting, what's in your tote?

Cheryl

New Tote Bag joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 3 July 2nd 09 05:25 AM
10 min. tote Boca Jan Quilting 8 January 22nd 08 10:41 PM
Wheelchair tote Morag in Detroit Quilting 12 May 16th 07 04:42 PM
More tote bags. Kate Dicey Quilting 5 September 6th 05 08:47 PM
Yarn Tote Seaspray Yarn 7 January 15th 05 06:43 PM