For the quilter who has everything

Old July 20th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Default OT washer machine For the quilter who has everything

Isn't it strange how things vary so much in different countries.

Our dishwasher heats its own water. When we purchased it about 5
years ago I had researched very intensively and got the most efficient
that was readily available.

My washing machine doesn't heat water so is connected to both hot and
cold water taps. It is a top loader as at the time front loaders were
just so expensive. We paid about $800 for our top loading 7.5 kg
machine, a front loading 5kg machine was about $1500 ( anything bigger
wasn't available as front loaders are still relatively 'new' here)

Dee in Oz

n Jul 18, 8:34 pm, Janner
wrote:
Jessamy wrote:
I've never seen a washing machine that heats it's own water.
Debra in VA
See my quilts athttp://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

LOL i've never seen a washing machine that *doesn't* heat it's own
water g

Jessamy

Same here, or at least for over 20 yrs! I think my Gran had one. I
have an A rated machine and when we moved to France, left all our old
electric white goods in UK. We had to buy everything new, so went for at
least an A or AA or higher rated, that included the washing machine,
which is A rated and it heats the water from cold, does a quick wash (30
mins). I wash nearly everything on 30 degrees now with no problems on
results - except bedding and towels which I do hotter. The lowest rated
item that I bought was the oven which was rated B, but that was the
highest we could find for an oven. Strangely with the washing machine
the lower rated model (almost identical) cost about 60 euros more and
there wasn't even a promotion on!

The overall cost of the goods were no different from the lower rated
models, I don't like wasting energy, we are trying to keep our "carbon
footprint" down, but most of all why spend out more on an ordinary
lightbulb, when you can use a low energy equivalent and if you shop
around they aren't that expensive anymore. One day we want to build our
own eco house with solar heated water, solar produced electric, water
recycling etc. That's the new dream anyway.

Janner

France

Old July 20th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Those machines are still available here Jeanne. About $80-100 in some
camping stores

Dee in Oz

On Jul 20, 8:20 am, "nzlstar*" wrote:
we used to have a washing machine for sale here to take camping or whatever.
a small tabletop machine that you put minimal amount of hot water, soap,
clothes in,
clamp the thing shut and turn the handle a few times.
the whole unit turned and the inside pressure from the hot water sealed in
was what washed the clothes. didnt take much turning to get them clean
either. no power and little water used to get the job done.
talk about star energy savings, lol.
i should of bought one just for fabric. it didnt hold much but would of been
much less tangle and fraying on FQs and other small pieces.
oh well, dont see it here anywhere now. shame cuz it was such a basic
concept and took up little room.
shrug,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old July 20th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Jeanne I have seen these in in two sizes in some of the catalogs that are
mailed out. A few years ago I also saw one at a flea market. Good luck
finding one.
Barbara in SC
"nzlstar*"

I'm a quilter justjoansetc Sewing 1 March 12th 06 12:11 AM
New quilter Dave and Miss Quilting 8 May 20th 05 03:47 PM
New quilter on the way! Kate Dicey Quilting 4 August 30th 04 02:04 AM
New Quilter from OZ Natalie and Aaron Leaver Quilting 17 December 9th 03 07:59 PM
you know you're a quilter when.... Musicmaker Quilting 21 September 29th 03 02:22 AM