Finishing UFO and/or Choosing Project (LONG)

Old February 11th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Finishing UFO and/or Choosing Project (LONG)

In my HD thread, someone (She maybe) asked about how my guild's
UFO challenge works. In the Stuck thread, several posters ask
about how to choose a project and move on. I think a description
of the UFO challenge will answer that issue. Here goes.

The Organizers (L&N) set the 'rules' as follows. Each participant
had to fill out a form, listing any ten UFO, including brief info
on color, style, and what needs to be done to take it to finished
state. We could list fewer than ten projects. We had to return
the list to L&N, and keep a copy for ourselves. Now here is where
you need to pay attention!

We do NOT work on these in numerical order. Each month, at guild
meeting, L will pull the number for the next project. We have two
months to finish that project. Example: in December, she drew
number 3, to be returned in February; January, 9 for March;
February, 4 for April. So, if a person makes a list and does not
include a number 4, she has a 'bye month' but those with a number
4 on list will have to finish by April.

We are accountable to L&N. At the appropriate meeting, we must
show them the quilt, have it recorded, and display at the Guild's
Show and Tell. If we are not present at meeting, we may ask a
friend to do it for us. Each time we have a quilt vetted, we get
our name in the hat. A small prize is awarded to one participant
at each meeting. All collected names will be eligible for bigger
prizes at the end of the activity, in the Fall.

Soooo .... you could do that at home, on your own. Just write
slips of paper with the project, then draw the slip to tell you
what to do.

PAT

Old February 13th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate: The guild has two chapters, about 300 members total. I
*think* we have about 60-70 in this challenge. I am not in charge
of that challenge. I AM in charge of the main, annual challenge
this year. PAT

Kate G. wrote:

what a fun guild project! How large is your guild? Do you have many participants in your UFO
challenge?

Kate in MI

New Years Cast On Project Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 58 January 10th 05 08:14 PM
OT (Somewhat) Life Takes You By Surprise (Long and Rambling) hfw Quilting 16 April 12th 04 11:09 PM
Project planning Bungadora Beads 25 March 30th 04 08:12 AM
Limited Edition Needlepoint Project Available to Groups Napa Needlepoint Marketplace 0 December 16th 03 10:18 PM
My "New Wardrobe" Project Kari Yarn 0 October 1st 03 10:27 PM