interesting quilting finishing

Old November 14th 03, 01:33 PM
BDS2pds

Default interesting quilting finishing

I am looking for help here on another quilt I am working on for Christmas. I
have an entire bolt of moire before the factory closed and will be using that.
I have many 10 inch moiresquares that I have done Redoute' floral embroidery on
--very detailed-- I wish to put them together now but wondering if there is a
more art and less boring way to do so besides the usual framing of them with
strips. Any ideas?
Old November 14th 03, 01:53 PM
georg

BDS2pds wrote:

I am looking for help here on another quilt I am working on for Christmas. I
have an entire bolt of moire before the factory closed and will be using that.
I have many 10 inch moiresquares that I have done Redoute' floral embroidery on
--very detailed-- I wish to put them together now but wondering if there is a
more art and less boring way to do so besides the usual framing of them with
strips. Any ideas?

Crazy quilt them! Uneven sashing, with embroidery on the edges.

-georg

Old November 14th 03, 02:29 PM
Patti

Hullo Babs (did I remember that correctly?)
Would you consider putting the blocks together on point? They always
seem to me to be so much more interesting that way. It is no more
difficult, you just have to add the triangles for the edges; but that
isn't a problem really. If you want to do that, just ask if you need
help with the triangles.
..
In article , BDS2pds
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 14th 03, 03:19 PM
Polly Esther

I'm going way out on a limb here because I don't know what Redoute
embroidery is. You might try lots of things for your framing strips and see
if any of them please you - ribbon (silk, satin, velvet), braid, lace, etc.
Maybe the same one for every block. Maybe lots of different strips. Polly
"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Babs (did I remember that correctly?)
Would you consider putting the blocks together on point? They always
seem to me to be so much more interesting that way. It is no more
difficult, you just have to add the triangles for the edges; but that
isn't a problem really. If you want to do that, just ask if you need
help with the triangles.
.
In article , BDS2pds
writes

Old November 14th 03, 04:04 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

No, this is the only Babs ( I hope?) I know there is a Barbara that
posts here. I always sign my posts.

Babs
Queen of Hot Stuff

Patti wrote:

[...]

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment." --Barry LePatner

Old November 14th 03, 04:42 PM
Roberta Zollner

Reverse appliqué. Cut a square of your frame fabric. Figure out a curvy,
baroque sort of outline that will frame your flowers. Trace it on the frame
square and appliqué in place.
Roberta in D

Old November 14th 03, 05:32 PM
BDS2pds

No this is Barbara or Barbie , not our Babs who posts....
I like the on point idea but alas, I already did the embroidery so they will go
on straight this time...
Old November 14th 03, 06:16 PM
Patti

Sorry Babs (the one and only)
Hope I didn't offend?
I thought it might be you because of the initials - I remembered your
other half was a 'D' and surname 'S'. Silly me - should have known it
wouldn't be that easy!!
..
In article , David & Barbara Schmidt
writes

Old November 15th 03, 01:20 PM
CHARLES MURPHY

Eleanor burns has an elongated hourglass sashing that creates a circular
look to the block that is great to focus on each individual block and give a
subtle secondary pattern. I have the instructions if you are interested.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

Old November 15th 03, 03:49 PM
BDS2pds

Sorry if I caused confusion by posting. I have never said I was Babs. I am
Barbara or Barbie....