OT organizing binge

Old January 18th 05, 01:38 PM
Roberta Zollner

Default OT organizing binge

Some may say I have wy too much time on my hands, but this morning at the
supermarket they had nice plastic hangers in the perfect color to match our
dressing room and a giveaway price. So I bought tons of them. And just
finished going through all DH's shirts. Tossed out lots that no longer fit
or he hasn't worn for years. Put the rest on the beautiful hangers, all
facing the same direction, and organized by color. He thinks I'm nuts. But
he didn't tell me to stop! To get back on topic, a couple of the tossed ones
will become stash :-)
Roberta in D

Old January 18th 05, 01:56 PM
Kate Dicey

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Some may say I have wy too much time on my hands, but this morning at the
supermarket they had nice plastic hangers in the perfect color to match our
dressing room and a giveaway price. So I bought tons of them. And just
finished going through all DH's shirts. Tossed out lots that no longer fit
or he hasn't worn for years. Put the rest on the beautiful hangers, all
facing the same direction, and organized by color. He thinks I'm nuts. But
he didn't tell me to stop! To get back on topic, a couple of the tossed ones
will become stash :-)
Roberta in D

I think I need to do the same thing to DH's section of our joint
wardrobe... He occupies 2/3 of it! I bet not many women have half as
many clothes as their husbands! Mind you, I tossed a of mine pile into
the To Go heap yesterday coz they got too big all of a sudden...
Charity shop run in the near future!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 18th 05, 02:11 PM
Raye Ahn

You women are brave. I couldn't anymore go through DH's shirts he
doesn't wear than a whirlwind in a cup. He's one of those "I might
need it" types and has things in his closet he hasn't worn in years.

As to using the leftovers for stash, "mahvelis" idea! I just recently
cut up an old pair of my pants (imagine--they got a little small....)
and used them in a quilt for SIL for Christmas.
My hat's off to you both, Roberta and Kate!

Old January 18th 05, 02:14 PM
JG1

Good going, Roberta! I was wondering if you saved any shirts for quilts. g
Then, I saw that you did. I've made a couple of quilts out of DH's old
shirts.
--
Ginger

Old January 18th 05, 02:14 PM
CNYstitcher

LOL...and here I thought I was nuts (or as DH says, anal retentive). My
big thing is the wire hangers, which, of course brings "Mommy Dearest"
to mind. However, they are strictly for dry cleaners, not for my house.
I had everything organized in the closet at one time, but DH gets
things confused and things get messed up. After the 3rd time of
straightening, I gave up.

Larisa, who still gets a kick out of DH not remembering which drawer his
socks are in

Old January 18th 05, 02:15 PM
Roberta Zollner

You'll be back to your half after you buy all those smaller new clothes!
But women's clothes *are* smaller, less bulky, so take up less space even
one for one.
The thing I love about the house we bought is the dedicated dressing room. A
whole roomful of closets! One for outdoor coats etc. One for storage. DH has
3 for himself and I have 4 :-)
Roberta in D

Old January 18th 05, 02:25 PM
georg

Raye Ahn wrote:

You women are brave. I couldn't anymore go through DH's shirts he
doesn't wear than a whirlwind in a cup. He's one of those "I might
need it" types and has things in his closet he hasn't worn in years.

I have permission to throw out anything of his. Yes, Anything. If I
thought it got in the way of my organization or the neatness of the
house, I am allowed to toss it without asking.

Now, mind, he probably feels really safe with that- I'm a packrat who
saves everything. But it's nice to know I have such carte blanche.

He also knows I'd freak if he tossed my stuff without asking.

-georg
Old January 18th 05, 02:34 PM
Kate Dicey

Roberta Zollner wrote:

You'll be back to your half after you buy all those smaller new clothes!
But women's clothes *are* smaller, less bulky, so take up less space even
one for one.
The thing I love about the house we bought is the dedicated dressing room. A
whole roomful of closets! One for outdoor coats etc. One for storage. DH has
3 for himself and I have 4 :-)

Oh, I'd LOVE that! One whole closet for historical stuff, one for
special stash, one for clothes I actually wear, and a spare one just in
case...

Little Sis has just had her little dressing area fitted with hanging
cupboards and drawer space. Looks ever so good! I'd have been tempted
to leave it as one big closet and fill it with rails, but it sure looks
great! All the drawers are built into the eves so they don't take up
valuable standing space!
Old January 18th 05, 04:00 PM
Roberta Zollner

The thing with wire ones, they take less space on the rack. Ugly but sort of
practical. And back in my gainfully employed days, when we sent the shirts
out, they came home and got shoved right in the closet. Lucky if I had time
to take the plastic off first! Now we don't have to put up with space
shortages any more.
Roberta in D

Old January 18th 05, 04:12 PM
JG1

"georg" wrote in message
Raye Ahn wrote:

You women are brave. I couldn't anymore go through DH's shirts he
doesn't wear than a whirlwind in a cup. He's one of those "I might
need it" types and has things in his closet he hasn't worn in years.

I have permission to throw out anything of his. Yes, Anything. If I
thought it got in the way of my organization or the neatness of the
house, I am allowed to toss it without asking.

Now, mind, he probably feels really safe with that- I'm a packrat who
saves everything. But it's nice to know I have such carte blanche.

He also knows I'd freak if he tossed my stuff without asking.

-georg

I have DH's permission to toss any work clothes that I find are worn or
stained as I'm doing laundry and ironing. He says he needs to look good at
work and isn't awake enough in the mornings to check to make sure his
clothes look good, so he just prefers that I get rid of the ones that don't
measure up any more. Of course, occasionally he laughingly accuses me of
retiring a shirt because I wanted it for a quilt. G
--
Ginger (in Texas)
http://photos.yahoo.com/gingerbread1958

Ever used Quilters Organizing Software? Susan Laity Price Quilting 4 June 25th 04 03:57 AM
OT - need advice on organizing letters possibly from librarians Julia Altshuler Quilting 7 May 3rd 04 11:37 PM
Cleaning and organizing the stash closet Bungadora Needlework 10 December 3rd 03 05:42 PM
Framing binge Linda D. Needlework 34 November 19th 03 01:13 PM
Finish UFOs Binge MerryStahel Quilting 12 September 17th 03 10:21 PM