Sunday AM

Old July 2nd 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Sunday AM

LOL, since it IS 12:37am, it IS Sunday morning!
Gooood Morning, RCTY!
It was a lloonngg day, today, up early, and still up!
Never did get an opportunity to start Myrna's ALKA shawl, other
pressing matters precluded that....
See ya'll in the "real' AM!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-3, 06/29/2006
Tested: 7/2/2006 12:38:39 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 2nd 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

YarnWright wrote:
LOL, since it IS 12:37am, it IS Sunday morning!
Gooood Morning, RCTY!

Good Morning!!! from Sweden

Here it is sunny at 10:00 am and soon I will go out and deliver my
advertising circulars. Later I might work on a new crocheted bag (this
one is rectangular) using purple and rust Eskimo yarn but soon I will
need more yarn. :-)

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old July 2nd 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:38:38 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

It is almost 0900 for me and I have yet to swill down any coffee. The
boys are still abed, the pancake batter is thinking gassy thoughts,
and I'm waiting for my coffee beans to recover from a week in the deep
freeze so that I can start pulling shots.

My toe seems miraculously improved this morning, to the point that I
didn't think about it at all until I bumped it on the toeboard under
the kitchen cabinets. I did get new shoes yesterday (every girl needs
more than one pair of flipflops, right?).

Today's forecast is calling for "showers and thunderstorms all day";
more of the same for tomorrow and Tuesday, as well. Wonder how many
Monopoly rules arguments I'll have to referee today? I'm considering
buying Monopoly for the other kid-infested families on the street so
that their grownups too can experience the joy of having 6 boys
between hte ages of 7 and 12 arguing over Monopoly rules in their
dining rooms. I'm a harsh judge and likely to fine malcontents who
argue with my decisions: run two laps around hte block, clean my cat
boxes, swab out the kid bathroom toilet. They're learning not to
argue with me

Or maybe today I'll get out the Risk board and see if any of the boys
are interested in world domination...

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 2nd 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Hi Everyone,

It's 11:40 a.m. here. Been up since 7:00. DH made French toast and
cleaned the kitchen. I've been knitting on a cable sock from a 1950
Bear Brand Hand Knit Socks (for Men, Women, Children), using Opal
Solid. It's going pretty well, but may be a bit small.

DH & the boys are fiddling around with dominos. He bought them
yesterday for the boys. What a fun game. I haven't played since I was
a child.

Lately I've been on a Queen kick. Last night we watched a DVD that had
a bunch of their videos, & a documentary of the making of Bohemian
Rhapsody. It was facinating.

We may go out later for lunch & may buy some sparklers or something.
It's cloudy, & we need the rain, but it's been dry as a bone, and the
rain seems to be going west of us. I would be happy if it rained all
day & I just sat & knitted.

Hesira

Old July 2nd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

It's now 10:03 AM according to the clock on my computer. I've already
been to the emergency room...again. About a week and a half ago I
noticed a tender bump on the back of my head. It felt like I had bumped
my head on something, but I hadn't done that; this bump just appeared.
I thought nothing of it until the area around it started swelling and
became painful. I went to the ER for the first time last Sunday, and
all the doc told me was to take Tylenol or Advil for the pain and see my
doc in followup. The swelling and pain kind of waxed and waned over the
few days between the ER visit and when I saw my doc, who also just told
me to take Advil for the pain and come back next week. No one seems
concerned about this bump, which is what started the whole thing. My
doc did give me an anti-inflammatory injection, which took the swelling
down completely for the rest of the day, leaving only - you guessed it -
that bump. Friday, though, the inflammation was back, and yesterday
even 800 mg of Advil at a time didn't help. The only thing that worked
was keeping ice on the back of my head. I didn't get much sleep last
night, and around 3:30 AM I decided to come out into the family room and
sit and knit for a while. I kept the ice off my head just to see what
would happen. Around 5 AM I went back to bed and actually slept for
about 2.5 hours, but when I woke up I noticed that the area of
inflammation now extended from the top of my head all the way down to my
neck, and it feels like there's some lymph node involvement in the neck.
I go back to the ER, and still get blown off by the same doc from last
week. He claimed he couldn't feel any swelling or anything, but this
bump is hard to miss, and if you push on my scalp there's some "give" in
the tissue which normally isn't there. I'm thinking that this is a
localized infection - which doesn't always cause a fever, and it's the
lack of fever that has the docs saying it's not an infection - in this
bump on my head. I have a return appointment to my doc on Thursday, but
I'll probably go in tomorrow if this swelling isn't getting any better -
and I'm pretty sure it'll get worse instead - and if my neck is still
tender.

We're supposed to go to my parents' house this afternoon, so I'll be
bringing my knitting with me. I'm currently working on a lace shawl and
a diamond lace sweater, so it'll be one of those I bring with me.

Have a good day, everyone!

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old July 2nd 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Well, Wooly, all the boys (whatever their age) that I know would be
interested in world domination, as long as someone else would clear up after
them!!
Love & higs
Christine

Old July 2nd 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

The Other Kim wrote:

This is OUTRAGEOUS!! You need both another doctor and a different
emergency room. Please keep pushing, even if you have to go to another
city for another E.R. Find another doctor if you can, or, if your
insurance requires referrals, demand a second opinion. You have that right.

This is not something to fool with. Yes, it "could" be just a sebaceous
cyst or the like, but until you have a proper diagnosis you do not know.

It is very sad that when we are sick, we have to fight for treatment.
Do you have someone (husband, SO, elderly parent) who could go with you
and really DEMAND proper care?

Don't allow them to brush you off again, doctors are very good at
disregarding wives and mothers.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old July 2nd 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 10:38:17 -0700, The Other Kim spun a fine yarn

[...]

Kim!
Please know that I'm thinking of you! DO keep us posted regarding
this condition, PLEASE!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-3, 06/29/2006
Tested: 7/2/2006 2:28:01 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 2nd 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 18:41:00 +0100, Christine in Kent, Garden of
England spun a fine yarn

Well, Wooly, all the boys (whatever their age) that I know would be
interested in world domination, as long as someone else would clear up after
them!!
Love & higs
Christine

I *have* to, the devil's making me do it, but those boys sound
precisely like our sitting president, splort!
LOL
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-3, 06/29/2006
Tested: 7/2/2006 2:29:03 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 2nd 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 13:53:59 -0700, The Other Kim spun a fine yarn

I considered going to a different ER today, and I probably should have
done that. I mean, I even told this guy that this all started with this
bump on my head, and this bump isn't normally there, but all he said was
he couldn't see anything wrong and diagnosed "scalp tenderness".
That's a cop-out diagnosis if I ever saw one, and I was a medical
insurance biller for 7 years before becoming a medical transcriptionist
14 years ago so I've seen a lot of diagnoses. The problem is that
there's no outward-appearing problem; no redness, no abscess, no
nothing.

I realized something yesterday a few hours after I spoke with my regular
doc. He didn't mention anything about this bump at all. I don't think
he realized that this all started with this bump, and the swelling is a
direct result of it. He's a real nice doc and took good care of me when
I had pneumonia, even managing to talk me into having a CT scan to make
sure the scarring on my x-rays was old (and it was, from bouts of
bronchitis in my younger days); I won't have any tests I deem
unnecessary. I'm gonna try to see him or one of his associates tomorrow
and see if I can start to get some action on this bump. Today the Advil
seems to be working on the pain but is doing little for the
inflammation. If I can get someone to give me a stronger
anti-inflammatory than ibuprofen, like Relafen or something similar, it
would probably help a lot. It's the inflammation that's causing the
pain, as evidenced by my complete lack of pain after receiving that
injection on Thursday. All they've wanted to give me was prescription
pain meds, and I can't take those because those would incapacitate me,
and I have 3 kids, 2 cats, a household, and a small business to take
care of every day.

I'll yell, scream, and cry if I have to to get this figured out.
Besides, I'm supposed to go to Ozzfest this coming Saturday, and I'm
gonna have to back out if this hasn't started resolving; 14 hours of
headbanging in the blazing sun of San Bernardino just can't be good for
this g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Kim,
You're also welcome to scream, kick, vent HERE too, and also, if you
really need a shoulder, some here can attest to my off-list empathy!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-3, 06/29/2006
Tested: 7/2/2006 4:00:23 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Plebiscite vote on Sunday Shopping in NS Fred Needlework 76 October 23rd 04 01:16 AM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers, NEW sets, Ending SUNDAY & MONDAY 8 to 10pm EST Spot Rubberstamps 0 August 17th 03 11:35 PM