New pattern methods and pattern making materials

Old April 15th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default New pattern methods and pattern making materials

Many pattern materials and methods of transferring a pattern to the
glass have been discussed in books and newsgroups. Methods I have seen
use Light tables, pattern paper, carbon paper, mylar, spray adhesives,
glue sticks, contact paper, poster board, etc., etc. Most of the books
and posts I have seen are several years old (one book talked about
Harpo Marx in the present tense who died in 1964).

I would like to have methods you have found that work for you--possibly
using modern materials and methods. Possibly you have new adhesives,
plastics, computer programs, light tables, etc. and pattern materials
that are not as affected by water, help guide the cutter, are easily
attached to the glass and so on.

I would like to have any new ideas you-all have tried.

Old April 15th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
oups.com...
Many pattern materials and methods of transferring a pattern to the
glass have been discussed in books and newsgroups. Methods I have seen
use Light tables, pattern paper, carbon paper, mylar, spray adhesives,
glue sticks, contact paper, poster board, etc., etc. Most of the books
and posts I have seen are several years old (one book talked about
Harpo Marx in the present tense who died in 1964).

I would like to have methods you have found that work for you--possibly
using modern materials and methods. Possibly you have new adhesives,
plastics, computer programs, light tables, etc. and pattern materials
that are not as affected by water, help guide the cutter, are easily
attached to the glass and so on.

I would like to have any new ideas you-all have tried.

Still do it the old way, with cut patterns and light tables, whichever is
appropriate.