Art & crafts group for the fringe (or not?)

Old November 13th 03, 03:22 AM
LocalYahoo

Default Art & crafts group for the fringe (or not?)

All;

I am a member of a Yahoo group that was started to fill what I perceive
to be a particular niche; specifically, a group for people who're
interested in arts and crafts, but don't fall into a certain segment of
the population that is often found in many such groups...you might know
who they a the conservative midwestern housewives, ready with tales
of their seven kids and the Martha Stewart fall wreath they're making
while they pray for president Bush to stay safe.

Spare me. No, we'd like to chat with folks who are more interested in
things like what kind of music is best for doing cement scuplture, for
example. That would be Rammstein, of course. But if you don't agree
with that choice, come and tell us why. Or maybe you have a favorite
cabernet that you can't do without while you're painting. Possibly your
cats tend to get into your yarn while you're on the phone telling your
right-wing parents why Rush Limbaugh may in fact be a big, fat idiot.

I've chosen three particular groups to post this to, and I do apologize
for the crosspost. But I think maybe the folks I'm looking for might end
up here and there...people who are drawn to paint, draw, sculpt,
assemble and otherwise create; but also would like to see this
ridiculous war ended and the criminal in office removed, believe that
all people should have the right to love whatever adult they choose, or
believe that the war on drugs is a huge waste of our time and money.

It's a smallish segment of the population, do you think? Maybe not so
small. And maybe you're part of it. If so, the group is he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freethinkingarts/

Come join if you wish. If not, feel free to abstain (but please don't
show up to tell us what a bunch of nutcases we are, as we'll just ban
you and snicker about it when you're gone).
Old November 13th 03, 11:25 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"LocalYahoo" wrote in message
All;

I am a member of a Yahoo group that was started to fill what I perceive
to be a particular niche; specifically, a group for people who're
interested in arts and crafts, but don't fall into a certain segment of
the population that is often found in many such groups...you might know
who they a the conservative midwestern housewives, ready with tales
of their seven kids and the Martha Stewart fall wreath they're making
while they pray for president Bush to stay safe.

I keep having this dream where I see a burning Bush - I believe I may well
be the reincarnation of some mythical historical religious figure......

Spare me. No, we'd like to chat with folks who are more interested in
things like what kind of music is best for doing cement scuplture, for
example. That would be Rammstein, of course. But if you don't agree
with that choice, come and tell us why. Or maybe you have a favorite
cabernet that you can't do without while you're painting. Possibly your
cats tend to get into your yarn while you're on the phone telling your
right-wing parents why Rush Limbaugh may in fact be a big, fat idiot.

I find if I am re-heading a handrum like a djembe, beer will suffice, but a
nice fat, rich and juicy, well tannined Merlot is better, or even a Shiraz.
For carving a drum from a log, beer is a must - wine tends to led to
excessive blood loss. Music-wise, Mamady Keita is good for stringing and
tuning, but I also enjoy Afro Celt Sound System, Nitin Sawhney, and errmmm,
some other stuff with melody and beats.....ahem.

I've chosen three particular groups to post this to, and I do apologize
for the crosspost. But I think maybe the folks I'm looking for might end
up here and there...people who are drawn to paint, draw, sculpt,
assemble and otherwise create; but also would like to see this
ridiculous war ended and the criminal in office removed, believe that
all people should have the right to love whatever adult they choose, or
believe that the war on drugs is a huge waste of our time and money.

Well, at least it's certainly not a waste of intellect.

It's a smallish segment of the population, do you think? Maybe not so
small. And maybe you're part of it. If so, the group is he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freethinkingarts/

Come join if you wish. If not, feel free to abstain (but please don't
show up to tell us what a bunch of nutcases we are, as we'll just ban
you and snicker about it when you're gone).

You are a bunch of nutcases - you can send my free ban and nutty-nougat
chocolate bar to:

Me aRe
Upper segment of the lower left portion No. 73742
Siritofsoulheartandmind Residential Complex
Umpagnaghin
Isle Of Eyes
Probast
Ut

TIA!

Shaun aRe
--
I have that exquisite feeling, the feeling that I was born a thousand years
ago, and yet have experienced every *minute* moment of that thousand years,

This is the source of my love of life, my enjoyment of others, the very seed
of my happiness.

Old November 13th 03, 03:45 PM

LocalYahoo wrote in message ...
[snip pathetic spam]
I've chosen three particular groups to post this to, and I do apologize
for the crosspost.

Translation: The people on usenet are just a resource to me,
like a tree, a rock, or a mud puddle. So I feel that when I
want something I have the right to break whatever rules get
in my road to get it. I'm an Indigo child after all. The only
one who is actually nice.
Socks
Old November 13th 03, 04:09 PM
Shaun Rimmer

wrote in message
m...
LocalYahoo wrote in message

[snip pathetic spam]
I've chosen three particular groups to post this to, and I do apologize
for the crosspost.

Translation: The people on usenet are just a resource to me,
like a tree, a rock, or a mud puddle. So I feel that when I
want something I have the right to break whatever rules get
in my road to get it. I'm an Indigo child after all. The only
one who is actually nice.
Socks

But my reply was cleverer, and wittiererer, errm, so, 'ner'.

Shaun aRe - Too many stiffs in the world that are still walking.

Old November 13th 03, 06:32 PM
Delta Nine

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

wrote in message
m...

LocalYahoo wrote in message

[snip pathetic spam]

I've chosen three particular groups to post this to, and I do apologize
for the crosspost.

Translation: The people on usenet are just a resource to me,
like a tree, a rock, or a mud puddle. So I feel that when I
want something I have the right to break whatever rules get
in my road to get it. I'm an Indigo child after all. The only
one who is actually nice.
Socks

But my reply was cleverer, and wittiererer, errm, so, 'ner'.

It's all that dope you smoke, bong sucker. ;-)

Shaun aRe - Too many stiffs in the world that are still walking.

Indeed. I figure demonic forces are at work.

--
--------------
Peace,

"Woah, I just realized something. 99% of the ideas we come up with
involve a felony of some sort"
- A friend of mine

Old November 14th 03, 11:11 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"Delta Nine" wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

wrote in message
m...

LocalYahoo wrote in message

[snip pathetic spam]

I've chosen three particular groups to post this to, and I do apologize
for the crosspost.

Translation: The people on usenet are just a resource to me,
like a tree, a rock, or a mud puddle. So I feel that when I
want something I have the right to break whatever rules get
in my road to get it. I'm an Indigo child after all. The only
one who is actually nice.
Socks

But my reply was cleverer, and wittiererer, errm, so, 'ner'.

It's all that dope you smoke, bong sucker. ;-)

Hey, I don't smoke that much (unless partying!), and I only just got that
bong back last Thursday - it's been at my bro's since a party there late
spring!

I use it mostly for salvia (holy****ing****gobblers sally has some POWER!)
or fly agaric mushroom skin smoking (****ing awesome vibe that is I tell ya,
lovely and mellow, warming and alerting, excellent body vibes, creativity
stimulating and everything!).

Shaun aRe - Too many stiffs in the world that are still walking.

Indeed. I figure demonic forces are at work.

I blame the guv'mint.

Shaun aRe - Generally.

Old November 17th 03, 05:36 PM
Jack H.

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

"Delta Nine" wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

wrote in message
m...

[...]

BRAIIIIIIIIIINS...........braiiiiiiins

Indeed. I figure demonic forces are at work.

I blame the guv'mint.

Shaun aRe - Generally.

I blame them specifically.

HGJ

Old November 18th 03, 12:22 AM
Amanita

"Shaun Rimmer" crawled forth from the tarpits of
hell and muttered:

I keep having this dream where I see a burning Bush -

MY CROTCH IS ON FIRE
MY CROTCH IS ON FIRE

--
btw...****
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 18th 03, 03:09 AM
Baron Catroo, Good Law d'Mightey, Esq.

Amanita wrote:

"Shaun Rimmer" crawled forth from the tarpits of
hell and muttered:

I keep having this dream where I see a burning Bush -

MY CROTCH IS ON FIRE
MY CROTCH IS ON FIRE

Been sneaking through McDonald's drive-thru again getting coffee, have we?

----* Catroo *----
The Ballooninator
Old November 18th 03, 12:28 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Jack H." wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

I use it mostly for salvia (holy****ing****gobblers sally has some

POWER!)
or fly agaric mushroom skin smoking (****ing awesome vibe that is I tell

ya,
lovely and mellow, warming and alerting, excellent body vibes,

creativity
stimulating and everything!).

Shaun aRe - Too many stiffs in the world that are still walking.

BRAIIIIIIIIIINS...........braiiiiiiins

Are you hollerin' for your brains or mine?

Indeed. I figure demonic forces are at work.

I blame the guv'mint.

Shaun aRe - Generally.

I blame them specifically.

For general 'stuff'?

Shaun aRe

"Accept ye not even but a little blame for thy faults, rather move to
correct them at once."

[FAQ] Posting and Advertising Guidelines for rec.crafts.jewelry [email protected] Jewelry 0 November 29th 04 02:54 PM
Arts And Crafts group in NH posts new website Garry Taylor Jewelry 0 August 22nd 04 11:57 PM
[FAQ] Posting and Advertising Guidelines for rec.crafts.jewelry [email protected] Jewelry 0 April 23rd 04 07:38 AM
New crafts group onebigheartmama Beads 0 July 5th 03 03:01 AM
New crafts group onebigheartmama Glass 0 July 1st 03 04:23 AM