Bead and Button Bow.

Old March 3rd 05, 11:19 PM
Shirley Shone

Default Bead and Button Bow.

I have been confined to the house since Sunday apart from going to the
doctors yesterday. I have got streaming eyes and nose. Sneezes, and
strep throat. Put it all together and I have Pharyngitis. I feel like
chopping my head and putting a cabbage in it's place. Now I am on
Penicillin and sugar free linctus.

I got my latest B&B last Saturday and I liked the bow on the front
cover.
I thought it does not look too difficult so I will see if I can make it
to take my mind of my feeling unwell.

Look at things for the largest one. I have 4mm pearls but no 8mm
crystals.
Got some filigree ovals but not the ones shown and in gold colour.
No enough gold eye pins but plenty of silver. Only 28 gauge wire not 26
as stated.

Looked at the small one. Got 6mm beads but no 3mm pearls,

So I sat and thought. Well the silver eye pins would have to do. So
would the 28 wire.
Then I thought of substituting the 2x3mm pearls for 1. 6mm rice bead.

Well I had a go and I finished with a bow of sorts.
I have asked Vicki if she will kindly put the picture up for me so you
may see it.

I do not know of anywhere in Uk where we can get filigree disks.
It is not a case of being able to nip into town to get some beads. The
best shop is a half days trip.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone
Old March 3rd 05, 11:29 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Shirley -

I think you mean the bow on the cover of Beadwork, not B&B.

I may be doing a purchase of filigree disks for my local beading group. If I
do, I'll let you know and you can let me know what you want.

Barbara

Old March 3rd 05, 11:39 PM
Bead Carol

Shirley, I'm so sorry you are feeling under the weather! Your bow
sounds great - I'll be sure to check out Vicki's webpage so I can see
it! Hope your strep clears up swiftly and you are right as rain very
soon (we had strep here not long ago, too - no fun!!). {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Carol in SLC

Old March 3rd 05, 11:57 PM
Shirley Shone

You could well be right Barbara. I cannot add 2 and 2 together with my
head. I think its filled with cotton wool.
Shirley

In message , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
writes

Old March 4th 05, 12:01 AM
Dr. Sooz

Shirley -- do you subscribe to Bead and Button? (Obviously you get
Beadwork)

Old March 4th 05, 05:02 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Feel better soon Shirley. Cold season is getting underway here and I gave a
co-worker a good telling off for coming into work with streaming nose and a
fever. Silly girl, now half of us will come down with it. I can empathise
with the cabbage head syndrome.

Can't wait to see the picture of your bow.
Marisa

Old March 4th 05, 07:26 AM
Shirley Shone

I do not subscribe but I get both through a newsagent in Chesterfield. A
standing order so to speak
I tried to alter the subject to Beadwork but I was not able to do it.

In message .com, Dr.
Sooz writes

Old March 4th 05, 04:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

I have a Bead & Button to send you, but you might have it
already....I'll have to look up the month. Will get back to you.

Old March 5th 05, 02:49 PM
kathyh

Hi Shirley.

I am so sorry that you are sick. Have had the streaming eyes and nose
thing. Very, very uncomfortable. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I have seen your photo. I would stick with your current head, the cabbage
would not be nearly as attractive.

KathyH

Old March 5th 05, 02:59 PM
Shirley Shone

Thanks Kathy,
We have just come back from visiting David on his ship.
I had to go to collect my large bouquet of flowers for Mothers
Day tomorrow.
Since losing 28lbs my face has gone thinner so need to update the
photographs. LOL
Shirley

In message , kathyh
writes