sew-sew weekend

Old August 29th 04, 11:36 PM
maryd

Default sew-sew weekend

But not much on quilts. I have made 35 chemo caps to donate and have
another 15 to complete. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to quilts. I
have one top in process for Kwilts for Kids and when it's completed, another
5 will go in the mail to be sandwiched by one lady and quilted by another
before finding a new home with a sick child. I also have 2 gift quilts pin
basted and anxiously waiting to be quilted and 1 quilted but waiting for a
binding. And now and then I hear the drawers in the quilt room rattle and a
plea of "me next" from one of the 14 tops wanting to be finished. The 2
quilts for me (yellow/blue stack and whack and scrappy pinwheels) are being
very patient.

--
Mary

Old August 30th 04, 04:41 AM
Ginger in CA

Wow! good job on getting all that done.

My Saturday was taken up with running errands and baking zucchini
bread. This morning at 10AM I finally sat down to do the promised
kiddie hug quiltlet for my co-worker's nephew. At 3 1/2 yr old he is
undergoing chemo for an abdomenal tumor. It is now about 8:30 PM, and
quilt top is pieced (machine) and tied. Binding strips are cut and
pieced into one long one to put on tomorrow night. I did an "I Spy",
no repeating fabrics. Good heavens, I am embarrassed it was all in my
stash ) Binding will be stitched by machine on first side, taken to
the back and hand sewn down. Label and off it goes.

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger

Old August 30th 04, 05:19 AM
maryd

Good think I got lots done over the weekend. I have our 5 year old
granddaughter now. 30 minutes after we got home she was in bed and asleep.

Please share a pic of the quilt.

--
Mary
om...

Old August 30th 04, 07:56 AM
Joanna

Do you have a pattern for the chemo caps you could share? I would like
to donate some to my local center as well. And no I have some nice left
over material to do so. Also what are your suggestions for material and
any other suggestions you might have.
Thanx
Joanna

maryd wrote:

But not much on quilts. I have made 35 chemo caps to donate and have
another 15 to complete. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to quilts. I
have one top in process for Kwilts for Kids and when it's completed, another
5 will go in the mail to be sandwiched by one lady and quilted by another
before finding a new home with a sick child. I also have 2 gift quilts pin
basted and anxiously waiting to be quilted and 1 quilted but waiting for a
binding. And now and then I hear the drawers in the quilt room rattle and a
plea of "me next" from one of the 14 tops wanting to be finished. The 2
quilts for me (yellow/blue stack and whack and scrappy pinwheels) are being
very patient.

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old August 30th 04, 10:21 AM
Roberta Zollner

Well done, Mary and Ginger both!
But Ginger, don't be embarrassed if you can make an entire quilt out of
stash! Good gracious, woman, that's an achievement to be proud of!
Roberta in D

Old August 30th 04, 04:03 PM
maryd

The ones I make most are made out of cotton knit fabric.
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.j...emType=CONTENT
For woven cotton I've made this reversible cap. For winter this can be made
of flannel. Last year I made this style in Halloween, Thanksgiving,
Christmas, Valentines, and Easter prints.
http://sewabout.home.att.net/ChemoHat.pdf
When I complete these, it will bring to 210 caps this year. I didn't keep
track last year.
--
Mary

Beading weekend Marisa Cappetta Beads 1 October 3rd 04 03:10 PM
Labor Day Weekend on Ebay-AKA-Do you know where your next stash is coming from?! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 September 4th 04 05:43 PM
*Weeee!* I took the weekend off, and some other stuff of note (LONG) ~OT~ Tinkster Beads 11 May 12th 04 11:46 PM
Stitching Weekend Bob & Marg Whittleton Needlework 2 April 19th 04 07:07 PM
Away for the weekend and "Quilter in Progress" juliasb(nospam) Quilting 3 September 11th 03 05:53 AM