Show Report

Old January 17th 05, 09:45 PM
Gwacie

Default Show Report

Hi gang, thought I'd give a show report on this past weekend's Intergalactic
bead show in Lansing, MI.

This was the first time the show was held in Lansing. The venue was the
Lansing Center, which is large and easily found in downtown Lansing. What
was not so easily found were the beads. The signs were few and small and
finding the beads in the center took some determination. The venue was
large with a good layout overall. Flooring was concrete for this one
(carpet is always nicer for noise control).

From a buyer stand point there were not very many vendors. Hopefully it
will get better in coming years and offer more diversity. However there
were three lampworkers there, four or five of the big gem string importers,
some silver, some crystal, a fuser, and Delphi Glass shop had a table too.
So most basic necessities were covered for the beader but it wasn't
overwhelming like at some shows where the selection is limitless.

From a vendor stand point on Saturday sales and crowds were quite good. On
Sunday the crowds had thinned to a trickle. For me the show was a good one,
but I had only booth fees and gas to cover, no hotel or major trip fees.
I'd do the show again, but I'd bring something to do on Sunday! I think
there is a Lansing show in May but it's on the same weekend as the Traverse
City Fire and Ice show (May 21). I will do TC Fire and Ice this year again,
since it was so much fun last time!

So.....anyone else doing bead shows this month? Reports welcome.

Old January 17th 05, 09:59 PM
JoAnn Paules

My local IGB is going to be held for the third time in April. The first time
it was kind of sad. This second time it was nicer but still small. I'm
hoping the third time will be the charm. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gwacie" wrote in message
Hi gang, thought I'd give a show report on this past weekend's
Intergalactic bead show in Lansing, MI.

This was the first time the show was held in Lansing. The venue was the
Lansing Center, which is large and easily found in downtown Lansing. What
was not so easily found were the beads. The signs were few and small and
finding the beads in the center took some determination. The venue was
large with a good layout overall. Flooring was concrete for this one
(carpet is always nicer for noise control).

From a buyer stand point there were not very many vendors. Hopefully it
will get better in coming years and offer more diversity. However there
were three lampworkers there, four or five of the big gem string
importers, some silver, some crystal, a fuser, and Delphi Glass shop had a
table too. So most basic necessities were covered for the beader but it
wasn't overwhelming like at some shows where the selection is limitless.

From a vendor stand point on Saturday sales and crowds were quite good.
On Sunday the crowds had thinned to a trickle. For me the show was a good

Old January 17th 05, 10:31 PM
Kandice Seeber

Only three lampworkers? Wow. Thanks for the report - glad the show went
well for you!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Hi gang, thought I'd give a show report on this past weekend's
Intergalactic bead show in Lansing, MI.

This was the first time the show was held in Lansing. The venue was the
Lansing Center, which is large and easily found in downtown Lansing. What
was not so easily found were the beads. The signs were few and small and
finding the beads in the center took some determination. The venue was
large with a good layout overall. Flooring was concrete for this one
(carpet is always nicer for noise control).

From a buyer stand point there were not very many vendors. Hopefully it
will get better in coming years and offer more diversity. However there
were three lampworkers there, four or five of the big gem string
importers, some silver, some crystal, a fuser, and Delphi Glass shop had a
table too. So most basic necessities were covered for the beader but it
wasn't overwhelming like at some shows where the selection is limitless.

From a vendor stand point on Saturday sales and crowds were quite good.

Old January 18th 05, 06:21 AM
Mothwoman

As an Intergalactic vendor, I have to say that we are often reluctant to sign
up for the shows the first time it is at any new location. We know we are
likely to lose money at the first show. Unfortunately, if we don't go, the
customers who show up won't think it is worthwhile the next time. People on
both sides of the table need to give it a chance. And we need to tell our
friends to come.

I didn't sign up for the Lansing show because it is too close to Tucson,
date-wise, and I didn't check to see how far it is from me distance-wise.

I've been telling other vendors to come to York for the next show. Hopefully,
that one will grow. I won't miss it again, if I can help it. I only missed
the first one because of a rescheduling issue.
Joan Eckard

http://mothwoman.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Mothwoman-Beads-and-Jewelry

http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=Mothwoman

AD and show report Kandice Seeber Beads 16 November 15th 04 06:16 PM
My big art show report ~Candace~ Beads 17 August 26th 04 06:13 PM
Barbara's B&B Show Report Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 1 May 27th 04 04:00 AM
Show report mkahogan Beads 2 August 4th 03 08:07 PM
Show Report Regina Beads 2 July 1st 03 05:54 PM