OT - Way OT - Miracule that happened to me

Old November 25th 04, 02:19 PM
Paula C. Huner

Default OT - Way OT - Miracule that happened to me

This is a copy of of post I posted to Bead Art, my home group and true
Sisters, located on Delphi. Posting here because I do feel close to
you all and know some of you have health problems also.

////////////////////

13273.1

Geez Girls I been trying to post this since it "happened" but have
been struggling with the right words. I will try to make a long story
short as I can:

For 5+ years now I have been suffering from excruciating pain, on and
off, (but when I say off I mean "lurking"), in the left side of my
face. In the beginning I went to alot of Dr.'s and was diagnosed with
everything from Trigeminal Neuralgia, Fibromyalgia or an odd kind of
Lupus involving the head and neck. The pain does stem from the 5th
cranial nerve and medication, not even the strongest pain meds in the
world, could not touch it. Was like taking aspirin for labor pains.
One medication did help- a kind of anti-seziure drug that was about 20
letters long - but it made me virtually retarded. I also have many
other symptoms but can and do live with em. Well, long story short
after much research, looking at one of my Sisters who has MS (related
disease), and soul searching I decided to discontinue any kind of
treatment. Did not want to end up a junkie or a walking drugstore -
and it does seem to me FOR ME ONLY that sometimes the cure is worse
than the problem.

Now to the what happened. Me and my Sister Suzanne went on vacation in
October to New Orleans. I drove from TX and she flew from NC. Met
there (first time we saw each other since my Ma passed oooo I think 3
years). We had a WONDERFUL TIME. On the very last day we were there we
took a Graveyard Tour. This exact one:

http://www.tourneworleans.com/

On the tour you visit and tour this exact church:

http://www.neworleanschurches.com/ol...lguaralupe.htm

In this exact church there is this Shrine:

http://www.saintjudeshrine.com/

My Sister Suzanne whispered to me: Hey you want a donation? (She had
the cash, I had the Card)I said yes, of course! So we lagged behind
the rest of the group and both prayed at the statue of St. Jude and
touched his foot - his foot and hand has been rubbed so much the paint
is gone! Anyhoo after the tour Suzanne asked "do you feel any better",
I said nope - I do not think it works that way Suzanne. Maybe I will
be blessed with strength to carry on and that will be good enough for
me.

Long story short: the next AM driving home as I was leaving New
Orleans I felt the strangest sensation in my face, in the area where
the pain always focuses - like pins and needles and maybe heat. Not
terribly painful compared to usual but DIFFERENT. Then I get home and
I hate to say this publicly but I got the RUNS. For DAYS. Not bad
enough to go to Dr. but pretty "there" if you know what I mean.

After this I have not had pain - NOT EVEN ONCE - not lurking not
anything AT ALL. NOTHING. I waited and waited - NO PAIN. Now the rash
has gone from my face, my hands no longer hurt, the fatigue is going
away.

I am amazed. Dumbfounded. I think to myself "what the HECK"? Could
this be a Miracle? Spontaneous remission?

In my heart of heart I KNOW it was St. Jude. This is the second time
in as many years (first being after I received the Bead Dolls) that
unexplained WONDERS have happened.

LOVE YOU ALL,

Paula
Old November 25th 04, 03:01 PM
Shirley Shone

Your mum has my sympathy. I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Just a few weeks ago I got what I thought was toothache and got in to
see the dentist. He x-rayed it and set me up appointments for a root
filling.

Two days later the pain had gone from my teeth to my jaw bone and ear.

Back at the dentists he said the X-ray was clear. So I did not have to
suffer the root filling. It was the TN attacking again. It is extremely
painful
Give your mum a hug for me
Shirley

In message , Tinkster
writes
On 25 Nov 2004 05:19:11 -0800, (Paula C. Huner)
wrote:

This is a copy of of post I posted to Bead Art, my home group and true
Sisters, located on Delphi. Posting here because I do feel close to
you all and know some of you have health problems also.

*snip*

That is SO wonderful! You must be so amazed and grateful! I hope this
remission continues... My mom has MS and Trigeminal Neuralgia. I know
how she suffers, and I'm really glad you got some relief!

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

--
Shirley Shone
Old November 25th 04, 03:52 PM
Carol in SLC

This is the second time in as many years (first being after I received the
Bead Dolls) that unexplained WONDERS have happened.

That's awesome news, Paula! Write to the church - they post when prayers have
been answered.

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/karen.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/oceansprite.jpg
Old November 25th 04, 04:37 PM
Cheri2Star

So the truth is, you were just full of crap?

Ok sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, what a wonderful blessing! I'm so happy you have relief from the
pain!

I love New Orleans, definitely one of my favorite cities.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi
Old November 25th 04, 06:41 PM
Dr. Sooz

WHOA.

That is FABULOUS!

[...]

~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 25th 04, 07:08 PM
Kathy N-V

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 8:19:11 -0500, Paula C. Huner wrote
(in message ) :

After this I have not had pain - NOT EVEN ONCE - not lurking not
anything AT ALL. NOTHING. I waited and waited - NO PAIN. Now the rash
has gone from my face, my hands no longer hurt, the fatigue is going
away.

I am so happy for you. It sounds like you have experienced a genuine
miracle. If you remain well, please consider contacting the Our Lady
of Guadalupe Church. The Catholic Church keeps records of miracles,
and yours may be the one that keeps the diocese from closing the
church. (As someone coming from Boston, where the diocese is closing
1/3 of the churches)

I'll keep you in my prayers for a complete and lasting cure.

Kathy N-V

Old November 25th 04, 07:11 PM
Kathy N-V

Oh Shirley, I'm so sorry! Is this on top of your back problem, or
part of it? It seems so unfair, but at least you got your trip to
Malta.

Feel better soon, willya?

Love,

Kathy N-V

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 9:01:58 -0500, Shirley Shone wrote
(in message ):

Old November 25th 04, 08:23 PM
Shirley Shone

It is something that I have suffered from off and on for the past 4
years. It comes and goes.

My back has improved and I am walking without the stick. I cannot stand
for long. It is painful if I try to walk too far.
Love
Shirley

In message , Kathy
N-V writes

Old November 26th 04, 01:52 PM
Paula C. Huner

remission continues... My mom has MS and Trigeminal Neuralgia. I know
how she suffers, and I'm really glad you got some relief!

Tink

I am very sorry for your beloved Ma and will remember her in prayers.

Paula