6x6 explained for newbies

Old September 26th 03, 11:00 PM
Cher

Default 6x6 explained for newbies

Hi all, for those who are a little worried about exactly how it runs, then
I am hoping this will help...

First of all the 6x6 means a square measuring as near to six inches by six
inches as you can get it.

Signing up is for one month only...
Once signed up, a pre signed up members list will appear for you to check
that you are on the list before partners are assigned, the subject line for
this will be 6x6-the list so far this also gives anyone else a chance to
enter.
Although provided that it is pretty near to the beginning of each month,
those who have missed the signups will be allocated a partner if there is
one available. Also in order to help out, I will come onboard to meet the
short fall. {{Even though I am still doing Gwen's squares until she returns
in November from her vacation}}.

Once this is done a 6x6 partners list will come out, you find your name,
and then email your partner OFF LIST...with your snail mail information, and
colour preferences weight of yarn etc.

Personal Information...
I can't over emphasis this enough, Never put your home address or Telephone
number or any of your passwords on ANY list, not just this one, but any type
of list at all, you just never know who is reading the mail..these lists are
open to the public, and people come in just to read the mail to pick up
tips, well most lurkers do, and they eventually pluck up enough courage to
send a message themselves... but..sometimes..there are some strange people
out there too...who never come in, ever, but they do take note of any
snail mail address's.or phone numbers..now don't be alarmed by this, just
be wise to it...keep it off the list. This is the only reason we ask you
not to post these details.

Newbies... you can put your email address on here like I do
cr007f048-at-blueyonder-dot-co-uk if you do it like that you won't get tons
of rubbish through your email box by spammers, who just click on addresses
in these newsgroups and send out all sorts of rubbish adverts and porn etc.

Once you and your partner have exchanged info, all you have to do is to
knit or crochet two squares for your partner... Now this is a fun project
and nothing to do with how talented you are...so have fun. This is the main
thing.

Try to post your squares off by the 20th of each month this gives ample
time for them to arrive just before the end of the month or the beginning of
the next month. You'll see some on here who aren't quite up to the time,
but these are ladies whom I know will get their squares off to each other,
so am not worried about it too much.

Once your squares are posted watch the list for your partner to shout out
that they are received..

That is all there is to it... If you want more squares then sign up again at
the end of October for the November one, if you don't sign up, you will not
be assigned a new partner.

Why a new partner??? Well the object of this is to be able to collect as
many squares as possible from as many people on the list as possible... this
will then result in an afghan made up with squares from everyone on here. A
treasure trove from some truly lovely people on the rcty, which to me is
........ priceless.

I hope this helps you all ... if I've overlooked something please come in
and say...or ask questions..

Cheers......Cher

---

Old September 26th 03, 11:38 PM
Cher

thanks Noreen, it is always best that others read it through incase I've
forgotten something..

cheers......Cher
"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
"Cher" wrote in message
[...]

Cher, your explanation is right "on the money".
And, I couldn't agree MORE with:
this will then result in an afghan made up with squares from everyone

on
here. A
treasure trove from some truly lovely people on the rcty, which to me

is
....... priceless.

Hugs,
Noreen