tired of span? i noticed that there are some groups that aremoderated is there any way to turn this one into a moderated group or

Old November 19th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vicky

Default tired of span? i noticed that there are some groups that aremoderated is there any way to turn this one into a moderated group or

would be have to start over? I for one would like to see more bead
related post not all the spam? any one know? V
Old November 19th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

On Nov 19, 6:22 am, Vicky wrote:
would be have to start over? I for one would like to see more bead
related post not all the spam? any one know? V

How can I report cases of Usenet abuse from people posting though
Google Groups?

To report cases of Usenet abuse, click the "More options" link at the
top of the message and select "Report this message." On the report
page, describe why you think the post is abusive.

Please be aware that, while we appreciate how annoying off-topic posts
can be, Google does not regularly monitor or censor postings sent to
Google Groups, and we aren't able to pursue most complaints that we
receive. However, we do try to prevent wide-scale spam and other forms
of Usenet abuse, most notably involving numerous repeat offenses or
the posting of someone's personal information (such as credit card or
social security numbers). We'll use all of the information we receive
regarding abuse and spam to make large-scale changes to fight all
types of abuse. In Google Groups discussion groups (not Usenet
newsgroups), you can also ask the owner or moderator to remove a post.

For more information, please click the link below to view our Terms of
Service.

Ok, let's report the paranoid messages and see if they go away.

Becki
Old November 19th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather

Unfortunately, Ms. Beckibead, Google doesn't give one sweet damn about
Abuse Reports. We get tons more spam on the anti-malware and antivirus
groups and have long ago given up on getting Google to do something.

This Ml5 goes on a rampage now and again (a right nutcase, I figure) so
I just have him in my killfile.

Good luck and I like your latest stuff. This guy must be *something
else*, as the saying goes.....(VBG).

Cheers.....Heather

Old November 19th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

On Nov 19, 11:27 am, "Heather" wrote:
[...]

Becki- Hide quoted text -

Kilfile!!!! thanks, Heather. Forgot about that.
Old November 19th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

On Nov 19, 1:54 pm, Beckibead wrote:
[...]

Kilfile!!!! thanks, Heather. Forgot about that.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I just went to Kilfile him and it says he has been banned
for violating Google's terms of use. So, it might have worked after
all!!! Never know, and thanks for reminding me of the Kilfile
options.

Becki
Old November 19th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather

"Beckibead" wrote in message
On Nov 19, 1:54 pm, Beckibead wrote:
Kilfile!!!! thanks, Heather. Forgot about that.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I just went to Kilfile him and it says he has been banned
for violating Google's terms of use. So, it might have worked after
all!!! Never know, and thanks for reminding me of the Kilfile
options.

Marvellous!! They finally smartened up. He spammed every group known
to modern man!! So I am sure they were getting tired of Abuse Reports
on him......grin!!

I used to report spam via Spamcop, but they no longer do newsgroups.
Right PITA that is. And now my ISP takes care of the email spam, so
things are infinitely better.

Cheers....Heather

Old November 20th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vicky

On Nov 19, 3:55 pm, Beckibead wrote:
[...]

i forgot about that too thanks girls smile hug V