OT - back from surgery!

Old September 18th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Default OT - back from surgery!

Susan B. wrote:
Ouch! Still, I'm glad they found out what was making you feel dragged
out. Once you're recovered ... watch out world! Sending wishes for a
rapid recovery.

Thanks Susan! I'm eager to see what the world looks like after I'm all
better.
Old September 18th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Beckibead wrote:
Kalera -- I still have my tonsils so no idea on that one (why do they
take them out in the first place?) But real glad you had the sinus
surgery done. Very good move.

Becki

Thanks, Becki! Have you had a sinus surgery? If yes, how did it go?

The tonsil thing they only do nowadays if you have chronic tonsil
infections, or severe recurring acute ones. I guess once your tonsils
get really gross a few times, they get pitted and start to harbor
bacteria, and there's no way to fix it besides taking them out.

I won't go into detail about what chronic tonsil grossness is like,
because it's worse than anything else I've posted about. Ick. Thank god
they're gone.
Old September 18th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Sarajane Helm wrote:
whoooa, Nelly! You are gonna feel SOOOOOO much better in a week or two
without all that in there!!!
hugs, and have at the drugs as needed---hurting does NOT help healing.
hugs,
SJ

Thanks Sarajane! I am all over your advice, and currently about halfway
to the sky on an oxycodone. To think, I can take TWO of these! Man oh
man. I can only imagine what I'd be posting after that!
Old September 18th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Karen Sherwood

They waited until DD was in 5th grade to take 'em out, and then it was
only cuz I jumped up and down and was extremely annoying about it. DD
was rarely sick (proof that the buggers were working, I guess) but they
were HUGE and caused her to have sleep apnea (the 3rd ENT I went to
called them "kissing tonsils" because apparently they're usually far
enough apart to see between, but DD's were...snug). She snored terribly
and would basically suffocate herself awake several times at night. The
night after surgery she slept through the night with NO problems at all.

I'm just mad that it took them (the docs) so freaking long to give this
kid relief. Sheesh!

KarenS
Old September 18th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.

Kalera Stratton wrote:

It was just med time and I'm waiting for it to kick in... ahhhhhhh

I must have missed your original post. I am sooooo sorry you had to go
through all this but damn glad that things will be so much better now.
Stay in lala land as long as it takes to keep the pain away and please
take care of yourself. I have to agree with Sarajane... hurting does not
ever help healing!!!

big ol hugs sweetie!!!!

--

Polly

--
don't spook my groove...

email - webmaster at beadfulheart dot com
yahoo id - aoncridhe
Old September 19th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Welcome back, Kalera!

Somehow, I didn't get the original post, but I'm getting the follow-ups.

I hope you have a great recovery! I had sinus surgery about 9 years ago to
repair a deviated septum, remove a bone spur, and correct an enlarged
turbinate, and I couldn't belive what a difference it made!

Get well soon!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Karen Sherwood" wrote in message
Yikes, Kalera!!!!! Hope you're less ouchy soon.

In the meantime, slog down that hydrocodone and come back & post. I'm sure
it will be fun for all.

Fast healing!

KarenS

Old September 19th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

My poor sweetie! I'm glad you're *taking* the painkillers. They've
found that Being Brave and Toughing It Out can make the brain unable to
deal with pain later. Painkillers are, by far, the lesser of two
evils. You keep gettin' high!

Lie back and let everyone wait on you. I haven't been on RCB at all
over the weekend -- my in-laws were here, they always make us very,
very busy. I wish I were there to help you -- fill orders, sop up
blood, rub your weird feet. I'm hugging you right now! (But not too
hard)

Love,
the Dr. [Sooz]

````````````````````````````````
Kalera wrote:
Actually I got back last night but I was too thrashed to post anything.

So I was totally not expecting the main part of my surgery to be the
sinus thing. I thought that was kind of an afterthought, more of a "hey
as long as we're in here anyway" but then it turned out that my left
sinus cavity was blocked by a huge cyst and has been filled with
festering solid matter for, evidently, years, and my right one was
sporting a slightly smaller cyst. In the meantime my turbinates had
swollen to like four times their normal size, so he "trimmed" them,
which sounds like the grossest thing evar. I think he might have done
something to my deviated septum as well.

My nose is all swollen and my face hurts. Also an astonishing amount of
blood keeps coming from it, which is apparently normal and fine. It's
slowed down since last night; I sat over a bucket last night and just
let it flow because I got tired of changing the gauze. There's some sort
of plastic framework inside my nostrils, which I get taken out on Monday.

Compared to the sinus reaming, the tonsils are a minimal inconvenience,
although solid food would be nice. Veggie broth with silken tofu cubes
is really not so bad though. Also I have the biggest goddamn bottle of
oxycodone and also, for real, a whole quart bottle of liquid
hydrocodone. I am waiting for Moxley to come home with some tofutti and
other foods more substantial than jell-o and popsicles.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old September 19th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Exactly right, Sj! You're always wise on these matters......

``````````````````````````

Old September 19th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

I KNOW *THAT* ONE! Yeah, baby

`````````````````````````````````

Old September 19th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

If Moxley insists you come south to California, he can just drop you
off at my house. The guest room is ready, 90% painted (no fumes left),
and sunny all day -- clean sheets were put on the bed TODAY, in fact.
And you know how restful it is here. There's a bed in the living room,
too, and the couch is set up for lying-down-and-watching-TV. Just say
the word.

The Dr. (you know who)

Kalera Stratton wrote:
~~~~I'm supposed to be visiting Moxley's folks in Sacramento next
week... and I'm thinking that might not happen!

New KNITTY is back up YarnWright Yarn 0 May 26th 06 03:06 PM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
OT - back from surgery Lee Kerrighan Quilting 5 November 12th 04 10:08 PM
collar question FtForger Sewing 20 May 14th 04 09:36 AM