OT - back from surgery!

Old September 17th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default OT - back from surgery!

Kalera -- I still have my tonsils so no idea on that one (why do they
take them out in the first place?) But real glad you had the sinus
surgery done. Very good move.

Becki

Old September 17th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

whoooa, Nelly! You are gonna feel SOOOOOO much better in a week or two
without all that in there!!!
hugs, and have at the drugs as needed---hurting does NOT help healing.
hugs,
SJ

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

"Kalera" wrote in message
. ..
Actually I got back last night but I was too thrashed to post anything.

So I was totally not expecting the main part of my surgery to be the
sinus thing. I thought that was kind of an afterthought, more of a "hey
as long as we're in here anyway" but then it turned out that my left
sinus cavity was blocked by a huge cyst and has been filled with
festering solid matter for, evidently, years, and my right one was
sporting a slightly smaller cyst. In the meantime my turbinates had
swollen to like four times their normal size, so he "trimmed" them,
which sounds like the grossest thing evar. I think he might have done
something to my deviated septum as well.

My nose is all swollen and my face hurts. Also an astonishing amount of
blood keeps coming from it, which is apparently normal and fine. It's
slowed down since last night; I sat over a bucket last night and just
let it flow because I got tired of changing the gauze. There's some sort
of plastic framework inside my nostrils, which I get taken out on Monday.

Compared to the sinus reaming, the tonsils are a minimal inconvenience,
although solid food would be nice. Veggie broth with silken tofu cubes
is really not so bad though. Also I have the biggest goddamn bottle of
oxycodone and also, for real, a whole quart bottle of liquid
hydrocodone. I am waiting for Moxley to come home with some tofutti and
other foods more substantial than jell-o and popsicles.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old September 18th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Karen Sherwood wrote:
Yikes, Kalera!!!!! Hope you're less ouchy soon.

In the meantime, slog down that hydrocodone and come back & post. I'm
sure it will be fun for all.

Fast healing!

KarenS

It was just med time and I'm waiting for it to kick in... ahhhhhhh
Old September 18th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Jan G wrote:
Thinking of you and hoping you will feel a lot better soon.
Cheers, Jan

Thanks, Jan!
Old September 18th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Paulette Insall wrote:
Oh my goodness! Did they have an idea about the sinus thing previous to your
surgery?

I knew I had some ongoing sinus problems, which are often linked to
ongoing tonsil problems... nobody had any idea they were as bad as they
were, though. It was more of a "let's see if we need to clean it out up
there" thing, which I'm really glad they looked at. Even thouugh I'm
suffering, LOL!

Sending healing vibes and prayers your way. Hope you heal quickly. Sounds
like things are really sucking right now. (((BIG hugs))) Thankfully you've
got a great hubby to take care of you. Let me know if you need anything
hon! Really, I mean it!

Thank you, you sweetie! hugs!

Paulette

-Kalera
Old September 18th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Shirley Shone wrote:
Waving my wand and sending healing vibes across the pond.
Hugs
Shirley

Thank you Shirley! You're a gem!

-Kalera
Old September 18th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Patti wrote:
Kalera,
Yuck, I am officially grossed out.
I'm hoping you feel better soon, I'm nauceous just reading about what
you are going through, lol.
Patti

LOL thanks Patti! I'm pretty grossed out too, to tell the truth... I had
to post that just to "dissipate" the ugh-ness of it all!
Old September 18th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Kandice Seeber wrote:
Oh, Kalera......ouch!!! I'd hug you, but that would hurt! I hope it feels
better soon. At least you know the sinuses will feel better once they heal.

Thanks, sweetie! I'm so excited about being better... I just keep
reminding myself that after all of this I will be SO MUCH better than I
used to think was "better" before!
Old September 18th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Cheryl wrote:
Kalera -- do NOT let it keep bleeding -- it needs to STOP in order to
heal.
Also - you can actually lose a significant amount of blood from
that sort of thing.
Drink lots of fluids - stay hydrated.
The liquid hydrocodenone will be your friend - we
had to get liquid something (not that) but just codeine
I think for Chris - he couldn't swallow the pills after
the second day --
REST - SLEEP - DRINK FLUIDS
I would say that from what they did
you will be feeling far better, and far perkier
in 2 weeks....
just like my Chris - he was always dragging...
I think the damn doctors stunted his growth as
a teen because they wouldn't do anything -
saying it wasn't "serious" - but he grew after
he had them out - surprise surprise.
But by then he was nearly 21 -- and past his
good growth years.

Hope you've started on that stock of
banana popsicles too.
hugs --
rest girl!
Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl! The bleeding was all from my sinuses and has all but
stopped now, just a trace here and there. I am really excited about the
sinuses starting their healing so that I can breathe through my nose again!

I can still swallow pills so far, they're just itsy, but they did tell
me it could get a lot more painful after the 3rd day so I'm banking on
that liquid to tide me over. I'm supposed to be visiting Moxley's folks
in Sacramento next week... and I'm thinking that might not happen! I am
being really aggressive with liquids and with swallowing a lot, which
the doctors said is the #1 key to a speedy recovery even though it seems
counterintuitive.

I can't believe I've been just living with infections that bad for so
long. I guess I just got used to it! I'm looking forward to getting used
to being healthy!

New KNITTY is back up YarnWright Yarn 0 May 26th 06 03:06 PM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 08:08 PM
OT - back from surgery Lee Kerrighan Quilting 5 November 12th 04 11:08 PM
collar question FtForger Sewing 20 May 14th 04 09:36 AM