Pet Toys

Old December 2nd 04, 07:18 PM
nana2b

Default Pet Toys

I want to make some quilty toys for the animals for Chanukah. I am thinking
fleece in the shape of bones with some crinkly, noisy stuff inside. Anyone
know where I can get that noisy stuff? TIA, Linda

Old December 3rd 04, 12:28 AM
CNYstitcher

can't remember what the general consensus was on alt.sewing, but
parchment paper and wax paper were both mentioned. I know there was
something else, but I just can't remember right now...hope that helps a
little bit.

Old December 3rd 04, 01:03 AM
Paulette

WOW!! I finally have something I can answer!!

I have been making baby books for my dgs. I have found that cellophane
(from microwave popcorn, on a roll, whatever) works GREAT and it is what is
inside those pet and children's toys.
Paulette in WV

Old December 3rd 04, 01:06 AM
nana2b

Thanks, Larisa. I will try those if I can't find the exact thing I am
looking for. Hugs, Linda

Old December 3rd 04, 05:07 AM
teleflora

"nana2b" wrote in message
I want to make some quilty toys for the animals for Chanukah. I am
thinking fleece in the shape of bones with some crinkly, noisy stuff
inside. Anyone know where I can get that noisy stuff? TIA, Linda

I wanted to try this a couple weeks ago after seeing a toy that had the
crinkly stuff, so I bought some cellophane on a roll. I think I got it at
the Dollar store or Big Lots. With the gift wrapping.

I took an old sock and wadded up a hunk of the cello and put it inside and
tied the sock closed. My dogs LOVE it. They pounce on it and shake it and
play tug of war. It was a big hit. And really inexpensive.

Cindy

Old December 3rd 04, 05:50 AM
nana2b

Good idea Cindy. I will look for it tomorrow. I will let you know how it
works out.

Linda