sad nooz

Old June 6th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

Default sad nooz

I also could not get a response from her, even when I went down to
Calif.

Yes, Those BFNRs were fun. I didn't usually get involved in the big
ones, instead just sending things to individuals.

How is your heart now?

Tina

On Jun 1, 10:02*am, Shirley Shone
wrote:

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. I did not know she was ill
because I never got any replies to my emails to her in the last two years..
I have three pictures of her up on my workroom wall.

Sooz was the instigator of the BFNR parcels but there really was a
reason. The ones I got were to cheer me up when I started with my
serious heart problems.
Reading your message made me feel very cold inside.
I treasure all the things that she sent me over the years since she
breathed new life into RCB. Even now that seems to have gone.

My condolences to everyone who feels the loss of Sooz.
May her God keep her in the palm of his hand.
Hugs
Shirley

--
Shirleywww.allcrafts.org.uk

Old June 6th 11, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

Thanks, Sarajane,

By the way, I saw you have a book out.

Tina

On Jun 2, 7:09*am, Sarajane wrote:
Good to see you here now, Tina. I feel like I do at funerals; glad to
see the people there, but so sad for the reason.
(((((((((((((Tina and Pete)))))))))))))))))))
SJ

On Jun 1, 3:10*pm, Tina wrote:
Thanks so much for letting us know this. *Having a hard time
responding to this. *Pete and I sat here and cried when I read this.
I've loved Sooz dearly and admired her tremendously, as a beader, and
especially as a person.

Tina
(After a couple horrendous years, I've pretty much just hidden away.)

Old June 6th 11, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

I never go to Facebook either. Never thought of looking for the group
there.

Tina

On Jun 4, 5:52*am, "Linda2" wrote:
Will do. We need to get some of them posting here again.

Old June 6th 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

I hope your year was better than mine. Pete was accuse of a class B
felony he didn't commit. We were told it's the easiest felony to
convict. Finally he committed a crime: he committed perjury when he
was convinced to plead guilty to a misdemeanor in order to avoid an
almost certain two year jail sentence.

Five cop came to arrest him. Three wore black and carried machine
guns. Held him naked at gun point (at least I was wearing a shirt).
Wouldn't let him take his meds, so he was in terrible pain for three
days while I tried to get bail together. The "doctor" at jail just
laughed at him and threatened him. All this because words he spoke
were heard incorrectly. Though I was standing next to him when he
spoke, I was not considered an acceptable witness because I am his
wife.

I feel like I have no country and that America is a figment of
someone's imagination. And though Pete is in constant pain from a
work injury and unable to read because he was beaten on the left side
of his head as a child, he can't prove his is disabled. And of
course, since we can't afford health insurance ($20,000 to $25,000 per
year), proving disability is proving to be impossible.

I feel like I have no country and that America is a figment of
someone's imagination.

Tina

On Jun 4, 9:19*am, Shirley Shone
wrote:
Well I tried many times to get it back and so did Maren.
Last year I had an horrendous year, not as I am going to say on here.
Too much personal info.
I *have done some bead work but my all time consuming passion at the
moment is Genealogy. Been doing my DH's and find he descended from
Nobility His 10th great grandfather was Sir William Crich, born *1550
Lord of Crich, which it not so very far from were we live.
* You are right about me not joining FB would not touch it with a 10
foot barge pole. I am on Skype though with a web cam.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirleywww.allcrafts.org.uk

Old June 6th 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

Kathy is there?

I have wondered how to find her!

Tina

On Jun 4, 11:11*am, "Linda2" wrote:
Wow, do we now call you Lady Shone? LOL.

Facebook is not so bad. You can be as private as you want to, and only allow
"friends" to view your page. Sooz had a private page and so do I. I am
constantly amazed by the RCB people I find on there, including she of the
wonderful stories, Kathy Nicklas-Varrasco. But if you won't join us there,
we shall have to join you here.

Old June 6th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

Becki, are you still in Calif? I keep missing you when I get down
there. Things are crazy for me there now. Goofy family stuff. My
brother has taken charge of my mother, and suddenly he has her assets
and she has been hospitalized twice.

On the good side though, my granddaughter was in the track Junior
Olympics (national championships), which were held in Sacramento last
year. (Pete couldn't leave town and I needed to stay with him). I
expect her to go again this year, in Kansas this time.

Tina

On Jun 4, 2:16*pm, Beckibead wrote:

Shirley -- I came back just in homage to Sooz, and to see you. *Glad
to see you here and sorry about your disc. *I am pleased you have
found other ways to keep yourself busy, with the geneology. *That
stuff is really fascinating to read!

Becki

Old June 6th 11, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone[_3_]

On 06/06/2011 00:19, Tina wrote:
I also could not get a response from her, even when I went down to
Calif.

Yes, Those BFNRs were fun. I didn't usually get involved in the big
ones, instead just sending things to individuals.

How is your heart now?

Tina

Not in a very good state. One of the things that started off my
horrendous year last year.
I was rushed in hospital 4 times in January last year. my heart went
into over drive more than 180 beats a minute. I had 5 paramedics at one
time alone. Rushed into hospital every time. Had to have a heart scan
and a 24 hour monitor fitted.

The cardio told My DH and myself that there was nothing they could do.
I have a left bundle branch block, Two leaking valves and permanent
Atrial Fibrillation that can cause blood to pool in my heart and cause a
blood clot that would cause a massive stroke. So I take loads of tablets
and try to take life without stress.

I cannot have surgery on my back because my heart would not stand the
anaesthetic.(sp) So have to suffer the pain from that. On top of that I
had a bowel cancer scare at the same time.
I still try to keep smiling but it is hard, there are other personal
problems that I cannot write here.
Hugs
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old June 6th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane

Tina, that sucks. And you are right--all reality is what we make it
collectively, and the collective is not working really well for common
good at the moment. I'm so sorry that you and Pete have had this to
deal with; that surely takes all the energy you can muster.

Old June 6th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane

I'm glad to see you are still hanging in there anyway.

How Sad!! Marilee M Beads 32 July 14th 09 03:16 PM
Sad, sad news Sandy E Quilting 25 July 12th 09 10:34 PM
Another quilt shop closing! Sad, very, very sad! AliceW Quilting 16 June 15th 06 03:26 PM
OT - Sad Kandice Seeber Beads 1 February 22nd 05 03:23 AM
Off Topic Sad-sad-sad news abt. Cpt.Kangaroo Ellison Quilting 20 February 4th 04 06:24 AM