"The Flow" - Women in Glass Issue

Old September 15th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default "The Flow" - Women in Glass Issue

I received my copy of the current issue of "The Flow", a magazine
devoted to lampworking. This issue is their annual Women in Glass
roundup and our own Kalera Stratton has an amazing focal bead in it!
Congratulations, Kalera!

This issue is awesome. In addition to some beautiful beads, there's
quite a bit of larger sculptural work, most of these glass artists are
new to me. The Flow's website is www.theflow.com. Single copies can be
ordered.

Patti

Old September 16th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

I have the issue, too - it's just wonderful!! So much good stuff.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
ups.com...

Old September 16th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

:-) One of my spiral dragons is in the issue also :-)
(Amid a truly stunning assortment of work)

And without giving up my age, lol, let me just
say I REMEMBER firsthand from growing up amid glassworkers
and when I began as a lampworker (apprenticing with my father)
'women' working glass was commonly 'discouraged' ~
hence women working glass was rare -
So these issues Will and Jen are creating & publishing are not
only
beautiful but a historical benchmark too! (and Jennifer & the
team are
great to work with).

Congrats Kalera!

PS new email addy/posting ID as its been soooo long since I last

posted google wouldn't recognize my old one - been a long
time!
(Waving to Sooz and Kandice and LInda twolegs)! :-)

Faith (who should really really really update her website, lol)
Quest Glass Studio
The Quest Continues LLC

Old September 19th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Patti wrote:
I received my copy of the current issue of "The Flow", a magazine
devoted to lampworking. This issue is their annual Women in Glass
roundup and our own Kalera Stratton has an amazing focal bead in it!
Congratulations, Kalera!

This issue is awesome. In addition to some beautiful beads, there's
quite a bit of larger sculptural work, most of these glass artists are
new to me. The Flow's website is www.theflow.com. Single copies can be
ordered.

Patti

Thank you, Patti!

How to smooth a rough glass edges into a sparkling smooth surface. Sam Nickaby Glass 21 July 24th 06 05:54 PM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM