swedish fabric!

Old April 8th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default swedish fabric!

Hubby is just back from a business trip to Sweden, and truly surpassed
himself. He found a department store selling fabric, and bought two metres
of stuff that he thought I'd like. You can see pics of it at
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...bum?.dir=/706e in the
fabric folder - all very bright and Scandinavian.

The one with the circles is a little heavy weight for quilting, but will
make lovely cushion covers. The hearts one is already bookmarked as a back
for something. And he's possibly making a return visit in the summer, so I
will be getting in my orders.

Morag

Old April 8th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The only name I can see is "ahlens" which is the name of the store where it
was bought. www.ahlens.com is the website, their fabrics are under
"heminredning" then "textil". Don't speak a word of Swedish but I can look
at the pictures!!
Morag

Old April 8th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

lovely...

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old April 8th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Morag in Oxford" wrote:

Hubby is just back from a business trip to Sweden, and truly surpassed
himself. He found a department store selling fabric, and bought two metres
of stuff that he thought I'd like. You can see pics of it at
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...bum?.dir=/706e in the
fabric folder - all very bright and Scandinavian.

The one with the circles is a little heavy weight for quilting, but will
make lovely cushion covers. The hearts one is already bookmarked as a back
for something. And he's possibly making a return visit in the summer, so I
will be getting in my orders.

Morag

What a sweetie to have done that for you! You're right -- those
fabrics are really cheerfully bright and definitely have a Scandanavian
"feel" to them.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old April 9th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a great guy to help build your stash! The fabrics are lovely.......
can't wait to see what you do with them!

Patti in Seattle

Old April 9th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Love both of the fabrics, but I'm very partial to hearts, so that fabric
"stole my heart". The rose fabric might make a fun tote bag??

--
Pauline
Northern California

Old April 10th 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ahlens is found in many cities in Sweden, even Malmo (easily accessible
from Copenhagen, which is how I know).

Fairly common in Sweden, but they do some nice stuff.

Hanne in London