All S.E.X.ed Up!!

Old January 28th 05, 02:28 AM
Karen C - California

Default All S.E.X.ed Up!!

I got in the mail today the last remaining items to begin stitching on Laura
Perin's Daffodil Collage and Independence Day. (Thank you, Isabel, for the
recommendation to Stitchery Row!)

And, of course, this shows up while I am putting all my functional hours into a
trial with same-day turnaround, so all I can do today is drool and lust,
because I have to work. In fact, I've already pawned off two less-critical
assignments on a friend, and we're negotiating for her to do two more.

Tomorrow is going to be a rainy day, and they don't do trial on Friday, so
maybe I can work on Daffodil Collage a bit tomorrow and over the weekend. This
is canvaswork, so I guess I have to track down my set of Qs, rather than
warping the canvas into a hoop, huh?

--
Finished 12/8/04 -- Army bear ornament
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 28th 05, 04:36 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Seanette Blaylock
writes:

Canvas does fine in scrolls.

Easier to find the Qs (I knew where they were) than to find an empty set of
scrolls.

Besides, I'm going to parties tomorrow and Sunday, and the Qs are easier to
take along. Sunday afternoon, library party, free food from a top caterer,
and interesting books to look at.

Old January 28th 05, 04:51 AM
Mavia Beaulieu

Karen, if I was doing canvas work I think I'd use stretcher bars so that it
maintains a nice even tension all while you are working on the project. But
as always......to each his own! I looked up Daffodil Collage. It's really
nice.... but lily of the valley would be nicer eh? Couldn't find
Independence Day.

Mavia

Old January 28th 05, 07:03 AM
Karen C - California

In article vFiKd.49490$Ob.1331@edtnps84, "Mavia Beaulieu"
writes:

I looked up Daffodil Collage. It's really
nice.... but lily of the valley would be nicer eh?

Lily of the valley for my birthday, daffodils for Mom's in March. I *am* after
Marc Saastad to do LOTV for me, and one of these days, he's going to give in.

Old January 28th 05, 03:42 PM

jv wrote:
I wouldn't count on that.. he's resisted your nagging this far hasn't
he?

JV! You forget! Karen is sure her wants are tops on everybody else's
lists!

I think we should allow designers to do what moves them, I get enough
creative blocks without someone bugging me all the time to do this or
that just to make them happy.

If they want something so darn badly, maybe they should attempt to
design it themselves, if nothing else it would prove just how difficult
the creative process really is!

Caryn

Old January 31st 05, 08:47 PM
Karen C - California

Yesterday was the annual library meeting, so I took Daffodil Collage. Got most
of the leaves done. I have maybe two dozen light green stitches up the center
of the last leaf and then one stem, and then I can start on the flowers.

Met a new friend there, someone who's just moved to the area. She was
fascinated by my Qs, and I told her where to find the LNS, too. She didn't
think I could get something that large done in a month and a half, till I
showed her that the center daffodil was really the only "needlepoint";
everything else is long-stitch and will work up much faster, with one stitch
covering 4 or 5 holes, and a lot of blank canvas showing through, too.

My source tells me they aren't having a session of trial tomorrow, so I will
get an unexpected day off from that project, and a little extra free time to
stitch (though I'd rather have the money)!