knitting for bespoke tailoring?

Old February 8th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Default knitting for bespoke tailoring?

mirjam wrote:

thank you for the Interest and thus i told you some of the things that
happened ,,
Be well
mirjam

You have been busy!! I'm glad to see that. Sometimes when someone
doesn't post for a long time, we learn that it is for reasons that make
us unhappy, such as illness or life problems, but it makes us very happy
when someone is just busy doing interesting things as you have been. It
is wonderful to learn of all your activities! I look forward to seeing
more from you.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old February 8th 10, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
mirjam

Dear Mirjam,
So glad to see you among the world of us sewing people. You have been a
very busy lady. I know that you have been knitting up a storm. I follow
you in that area, just haven't done much to feel I can contribute there.
Stay with us here .We all love you wit and expertise. You are a *great
contributor.
Juno- Hide quoted text -

Thank You Juno ,, i must admit i also have been sewing , last and not
least Cloth bags , for shoping [ giving them as presents to all the
Nylon lovers ::::} , other bags for storing all kinds of things ,,
and of course recycling my clothes ,,,,The thing with knitting is that
i can carry it with me ,,,, my sewing machine doesn`t like to be
carried around ,,,,,
By the way i have read a book called "the Seamstress " by Frances de
Pontes Peebles, As i read the Hebrew transaltion from the Portugues ,
i can`t tell you who published it ,
i bought it because of the name , had no clue what it was , and could
not stop reading it !!!! a wonderful name ,,, strangely enough the
reason i bought it , stoped others from buying it ,,, their loss !!!!

thnak you for the Compliments ,, i am blushing
mirjam
Old February 8th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
mirjam

You have been busy!! *I'm glad to see that. *Sometimes when someone
doesn't post for a long time, we learn that it is for reasons that make
us unhappy, such as illness or life problems, but it makes us very happy
when someone is just busy doing interesting things as you have been. *It
is wonderful to learn of all your activities! *I look forward to seeing
more from you.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.comhttp://members.tripod..com/~bernardschopen/

Thank you Joanne , yes i try to be busy in a positive way ,,,
and wish all that they can enjoy creative pleasures , like making
cloth things
mirjam
Old December 30th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Joy Beeson

is it feasible to handknit an entire garment to an exact set of
measurements?

is it feasible to do "fittings" of thusly-knitted garment
before
completion?

Piggybacking because I never saw the original post.

You're looking for a book called _Knitting from the Top_ by Barbara
Walker. It was published in 1972 by Charles Scribner. In 1996,
Schoolhouse Press photocopied and re-issued the vital parts, omitting
the photographs of finished garments. I don't think either edition
is available for purchase now, but if you are in the U.S.,
Interlibrary Loan should turn it up fairly quickly.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old December 30th 10, 08:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
Bruce[_4_]

On 30/12/2010 00:38, Joy Beeson wrote:

is it feasible to handknit an entire garment to an exact set of
measurements?

is it feasible to do "fittings" of thusly-knitted garment
before
completion?

Piggybacking because I never saw the original post.

You're looking for a book called _Knitting from the Top_ by Barbara
Walker. It was published in 1972 by Charles Scribner. In 1996,
Schoolhouse Press photocopied and re-issued the vital parts, omitting
the photographs of finished garments. I don't think either edition
is available for purchase now, but if you are in the U.S.,
Interlibrary Loan should turn it up fairly quickly.

Amazon are listing the book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knitting-Top-Barbara-G-Walker/dp/0942018095
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old August 31st 11, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
itsjoannotjoann

On Aug 30, 8:56*pm,
(lily_lacemaker) wrote:
responding tohttp://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/knitting-for-bespoke-tailoring-4775-...

lily_lacemaker wrote:
wrote:
is it feasible to handknit an entire garment to an exact set of
measurements?
is it feasible to do \"fittings\" of thusly-knitted garment
before
completion?

-------------------------------------
*During the 1950\'s it became very stylish for rich wives to have a
custom-made dress KNITTED to her exact figure by a European. The dresses
were so specific to the lady, that they could not be passed down or traded
to anyone. They were very beautiful and difficult because they were knit
as a solid piece, not put together from separate form pieces. They were
shaped as they were made, just like a sock with a built-in heel and toe
shape. In fact, there was an old movie I saw once where a lady earned her
living making these dresses from orders that came from a pricey dress shop
clientele. In this movie, there was always one or two dresses on a form,
sitting in the background of the film. And this actress was playing the
part of a rich needleworker - she made g-o-o-d money knitting!

Another 'lost' poster from Sew Girls who is responding to an 8 month
old post, to the day, no less. I don't know why they don't look at
the dates of these posts they're dragging up as they are plainly there
on the Sew Girls site.
Old February 22nd 13, 10:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
neelsen

Friend, If you all are talking about online bespoke tailored clothes then DAVID-FASHIONS also deal with online tailoring with the customers. So there is no need to go anywhere. I needed custom tailored suits in greys and blues for a party because this was the party theme. I was looking for a perfect look, so someone suggested me for the DAVID-FASHIONS and it is really true..
Old February 22nd 13, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

neelsen wrote:

someone suggested
me for the DAVID-FASHIONS and it is really true..

This would be somewhat more believable if the e-mail address in the
header weren't FashionsDavid.....

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 12/1/12 - crocheted baby blanket, hat, sweater and skirt

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

Old February 22nd 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 2/22/2013 5:17 AM, Karen C wrote:
neelsen wrote:

someone suggested
me for the DAVID-FASHIONS and it is really true..

This would be somewhat more believable if the e-mail address in the
header weren't FashionsDavid.....

One more getting reported as spam.....

--
Joan