where is everybody?

Old November 7th 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joy Beeson

Default where is everybody?

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:39:28 +0200, joyce
wrote:

Why do new versions of
programmes always make things more difficult instead of less?

I finally learned that one must not update a program unless the new
version has a feature that one wants.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old November 7th 10, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Nov 5, 3:13*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:
I haven't seen any new messages at all (other than the recipe I posted)
in two days. Is everyone gone all at once?

I haven't picked up a needle in three days and am going through
withdrawal. Tonight, some stitching time for sure!! I've finished
stitching two ornaments from the JCS 2010 issue - the sock monkey and
the BritterKitty ones; I'm now working on *the puffin. This weekend I'll
kit up the monkey and kitty ones for assembly during my trip next week -
it'll be small enough to not take up too much room in the bag. Maybe
I'll finish the puffin one, too!....or maybe not. vbg

sue

--
Susan Hartman

I ran away to join the circus but they refused to have me. I am a
very sad kitty now
Old November 7th 10, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Karen C in Calif" wrote in message
Susan Hartman wrote:

On 11/6/2010 5:36 PM, Shirley Shone wrote:
Well DH and I have been celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary today.

Hugs
Shirley

Congrats, Shirley! What a milestone. What's your secret? vbg

Sue

Marital success is no secret -- pick the right partner! Some people will
never be mature enough to have a successful marriage. Others can get it
right at 16.

I can vouch for that! It was 49 years for Marjorie and I in August. She was
16 at the time which just goes to show you that some females develope good
judgment very early in life.g

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old November 7th 10, 10:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Hmm - lots going on here. And I just realized it Daylight Savings day - no
wonder it is still very dark out. Dog sitting and he doesn't realize it
either. And he really had to go poo (poor old man didn't quite make to the
door, but at least he made it to the vinyl flooring and clean up was easy)

Still going at those baby dragons and I've got U well under way. Hurrah. I
still hate colored charts, I suspect I always will and using similar symbols
hasn't helped much (i.e. open and solid arrows/stars....)

I'm back at my seasonal job. Didn't take a whole lot of orders my first day
back, but enough to get back in the swing of it.

Of course hockey is in full swing for DD - it seems almost calm with just
one player.

Reading - started the "Someday Quilt" series. Very much the cozy type of
mystery which is a nice change. A friend recommended the "Ladybug Farm"
series. I have the first one in my bag for work.
Have to rave about the newest Sharon Shinn book - Troubled Waters. WOW - her
characters come to life on the page incredibly quickly and this latest
"world" is fascinating.

Garden isn't quite put to bed but my knee is really bugging me and the heavy
stuff is done so it's time to call it quits I think. Attempt to spread the
rest of the mulch on Tuesday and put out the snow markers. After all, the
juncos have arrived

And the biggest change is DD is now the proud keeper of two cockatiels -
researched entirely by her and paid for by her summer jobs (pet sitting,
watering gardens). Honey and Polly are in her room. The owner knew they
needed a new home and liked DD enough when they met yesterday to let her buy
them - with cage, toys, carrier and food. While I still have my qualms about
it, she is maintaining straight A's, keeping her room and bathroom clean and
it was "her money". DH and I will come with a few chores to help pay for
their food and wing clipping (this isn't a house you could let them fly
around in) fees. I suspect she'll be wanting Petco gift certs this year for
"bird toys".

Oh well - I'm hungry - I'm going to make some peanut butter toast and go see
what was released this week on ABC Stitch's page. Or play mafia wars.

Cheryl

Old November 8th 10, 11:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"joyce" wrote in message
On 2010/11/06 02:57 AM, Gillian Murray wrote:
On 11/5/2010 7:46 PM, Lucille wrote:

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
I haven't seen any new messages at all (other than the recipe I
posted) in two days. Is everyone gone all at once?

Susan Hartman

I am here, too. Even Lucille and I miss each other during the day and we
live in the same state, both retired.. I am trying to get used to the
newest update of Thunderbird...so delete things I didn't mean to. Just
takes a day or two LOL

Gillian

I'm also flummoxed by the new version! Why do new versions of programmes
always make things more difficult instead of less? Now it takes me 2 or 3
clicks to get new mail, etc. instead of 1! I suppose I'll have to start
reading all the "help" sections, if I can find them now!

Joyce in RSA.

I should be so lucky!!!
My ISP now supplies some form of Windows Live with my internet service. With
95% clicks of the mouse I have to wait for a MSN sponsored advertisement.
Click to select a message - wait for an ad. Click to expand the message -
wait for an ad. Etc., etc. The damn (being polite) Windows Live ads. are
being downloaded via javascript. Disable javascript and no mail messages
appear at all. Pop Up blocker is of no use either. It probably won't help
but I'm not buying sweet tweet from any of these advertisers.

Thank goodness I get newsgroups from September.org

Old November 8th 10, 11:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

wrote:

Why do new versions of
programmes always make things more difficult instead of less?

I finally learned that one must not update a program unless the new
version has a feature that one wants.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Smart thinking! I started that habit years ago after I found out photographs
downloaded from my camera with Windows 98 were inaccessible ever since. I'm
afraid that a lot of people who think that they have family albums on their
computers are going to in for a big disappointment some day when they find
that newer versions of software will not recognize data created by older
versions. I even have some CDs that were generated with Windows 98 that
can't be read with any newer versions of Windows because Windows won't
recognize the CD writer that was used at the time. Don't ask how much fun it
is to try and access drafting done with Corel 9. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Old November 8th 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 6, 4:36*pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:

Well DH and I have been celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary today.

Wow, Congrats, Shirley! That means you were married the same year I
was born!

Joan
Old November 9th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone[_2_]

In message
,
Joan E. writes
On Nov 6, 4:36*pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:

Well DH and I have been celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary today.

Wow, Congrats, Shirley! That means you were married the same year I
was born!

Joan

Thank you Joan and every one who sent their good wishes.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone