Finished Top and Thanks Wendy (again)!

Old October 18th 05, 10:46 PM
Tina

Default Finished Top and Thanks Wendy (again)!

I have completed the Margaritaville top and am finishing up the math
for the pieced "Windowpane" back.
This being only my fourth quilt, I am sure it is my favorite so far!
Thank you again, a million, Wendy. I never would have ventured into
these tropical fabrics without your swap! I had a blast and I have
enjoyed making this quilt so much I just can't thank you enough.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80421727PtQMUH
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80423101nMXkfg

This is one of the panels that will be part of the "Windowpane" on the
back:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80424018GrZBrR

Hugs,
Tina, back to math and sewing, IQF work starts tomorrow and won't have
time to sew! YIKES

Old October 18th 05, 11:28 PM
Pat in Virginia

Tina: What a very clever way to display exciting novelty squares.
PAT, Singing "Cheeseburger in Paradise"

Old October 18th 05, 11:36 PM
Louise

I'll be watching my mailbox for this one!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old October 19th 05, 12:05 AM
Tina

Thank you ladies. Ironically, this one is supposed to be a gift for a
friend of ours who's birthday is Friday! Think I can make it? LOL
Especially, piecing the back and working set-up for the Festival the
next three days? I'm thinking NOT, he may not get it until Christmas!

And I have a question, with all of that black sashing and the back will
be mostly black (around the four "window" panels) - is this one of
those quilts that I am supposed to use black batting? I haven't even
seen black batting at any of the stores around me?

Now I'm off to finish the edges of my ATC to get in the mail tomorrow!
Sorry Carol, too many irons in the fire!

Hugs,
Tina

Old October 19th 05, 12:20 AM
Queen of Squishies

Yes, I can see why you would like it, it just reeks of FUN!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 19th 05, 12:34 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Tina" wrote:

I have completed the Margaritaville top and am finishing up the math
for the pieced "Windowpane" back.
This being only my fourth quilt, I am sure it is my favorite so far!
Thank you again, a million, Wendy. I never would have ventured into
these tropical fabrics without your swap! I had a blast and I have
enjoyed making this quilt so much I just can't thank you enough.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80421727PtQMUH
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80423101nMXkfg

This is one of the panels that will be part of the "Windowpane" on the
back:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80424018GrZBrR

Hugs,
Tina, back to math and sewing, IQF work starts tomorrow and won't have
time to sew! YIKES

It looks great, Tina! Very tropical. G Have fun at IQF, and I'll hope
we'll meet up next week.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 19th 05, 02:20 AM
Tina

Thanks Sandy - I'm counting on it!

Hugs,
Tina and yes Karen - the quilt was fun and it does look "fun" to me
with all those colorful, tropical prints!

Old October 19th 05, 02:49 AM
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"Tina" wrote:

Thank you ladies. Ironically, this one is supposed to be a gift for a
friend of ours who's birthday is Friday! Think I can make it? LOL
Especially, piecing the back and working set-up for the Festival the
next three days? I'm thinking NOT, he may not get it until Christmas!

And I have a question, with all of that black sashing and the back will
be mostly black (around the four "window" panels) - is this one of
those quilts that I am supposed to use black batting? I haven't even
seen black batting at any of the stores around me?

Now I'm off to finish the edges of my ATC to get in the mail tomorrow!
Sorry Carol, too many irons in the fire!

Hugs,
Tina

Black batting is pretty nice, Tina! I used it in my Réussite quilt and
loved it. If you wait until Festival, you'll probably be able to buy
some from the Hobbs people; that's where I got mine last year.

Old October 19th 05, 12:13 PM
frood

It looks great, Tina! I'm glad I could help in a small way, but I'm pretty
sure you could have done this on your own. G

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

oups.com...