Why can't I finish anything?

Old May 11th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Why can't I finish anything?

Now *that* warms my heart. Please do stay off of the roof - no matter
what. Polly

"Pat S" wrote, in part
I'm really into DIY at the moment gg.

Old May 11th 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh, I never thought of using one in the bottom as well. That's a great
idea, where the curtain is never going to be drawn open or closed.
Thanks Sally.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
I like tension rods too - just put one up in the downstairs cloakroom
that has just had frosted window and nothing else, and also used them
in the inside hall to kitchen window where it takes a little 17" x 36"
quilt/wallhanging/curtain quite happily. I have a tension rod in the
bottom of that too, so it hangs really smoothly.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old May 11th 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Smile!
Thanks Polly! No worry about that. I am doing of extremely
self-satisfactory things - like today I got two rusty old screws out of
the wall, but the rawlplugs are still in there, so I will be able to put
up a washing line!! I was going to bodge it, but now I can do it
properly.
I have made a small free-standing shelf for inside a wardrobe (for more
shoe space gg); put together three flat-pack dining chairs. I'm
honestly get a terrific kick out of it! I'm just about to put together
a cat climber/scratcher delivered in a flat box today!
(I also went along to the village bowls club and had a pretty successful
first try - there'll be no stopping me soon - but I must, must get
unpacked first...
..

In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old May 12th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

A little warning now you have visited the bowls club and no doubt will
visit other organisations in your village! They will all be on the
lookout for unsuspecting newcomers who are considered fair game for the
COMMITTEE! Think at least three times before accepting, make sure it is
a fixed term committment (i.e. just a 3 year term and not for life) and
only be on one committee at a time.

Don't ask how I am able to offer this advice - unfortunately no one gave
it to me before I said yes to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. One I escaped
from after 7 years, one was a 3 year term which came to an end, I have
one year to go on a 4 year term.

The final one is a lifelong one (an animal charity) with 4 sales a year
for which I make a pile of cakes to sell, and make the tea. I still help
the other organisations but there is no feeling of obligation which can
kill the enjoyment completely.

Pat S wrote:
Smile!
Thanks Polly! No worry about that. I am doing of extremely
self-satisfactory things - like today I got two rusty old screws out of
the wall, but the rawlplugs are still in there, so I will be able to put
up a washing line!! I was going to bodge it, but now I can do it properly.
I have made a small free-standing shelf for inside a wardrobe (for more
shoe space gg); put together three flat-pack dining chairs. I'm
honestly get a terrific kick out of it! I'm just about to put together
a cat climber/scratcher delivered in a flat box today!
(I also went along to the village bowls club and had a pretty successful
first try - there'll be no stopping me soon - but I must, must get
unpacked first...
.

In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old May 12th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

another great idea that if i still lived in usa, would be easy peasy to do.
this tiny populated country, far removed from other countrys does not always
have all the great things the rest of the world have access to.
i do know what they are but i've never seen those rods here.
i'll do some research and see if i can find them here.
low population means it isnt always economical to have every type of
whatever here.
tho you'd think that the tension rods are such a simple concept that someone
would make them here.
maybe they do but i've never seen them.

no worrys tho, i'll figure out something that is easy and will work.
i've lots of ideas now...if i can find the parts i need to do it.

how is the unpacking coming along?
j.

"Pat S" ...
I use tension rods a lot for windows where I am unable to fix a curtain
track. They come in various length ranges and unscrew to fit the
window. They fit perfectly tightly between the window reveals - provided
there isn't too much weight on them. There is no fixing to them at all.
I love them. Making a casing on the shading will be no problem, then
just thread the rod through it and put it up into the window 'hollow'.
Tighten the screw fixing (by hand) - the whole rod-end turns.

I'm really into DIY at the moment gg.

J* writes
hey, thanks for that idea, Polly.
our long kitchen window faces due east and gets the morning sun full on in
your face, it too is blinding if you pick the wrong time to make a cuppa
tea.
great idea. i just told dh. now all i gotta do is get him to stop at the
garden centre and buy some shade cloth for that job. could be used in the
garden after winter when the sun is the worst blinder season.
thanks again for that idea. now i also gotta figure out how i'd hang it
there so it looked not too shabby. i'm sure i'll work it out, just need the
stuff to work with asap.
j.

Old May 12th 10, 05:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

For me dragging my feet and procrastinating until the last minute with a
deadline quickly approaching gets me fired up every time. Could you try
setting deadlines- maybe writing it on a calendar or announcing to everybody
when you have to be finished? It might be a good motivator for you, too,
like it motivates me.

I hope this little problem passes for you and soon. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- working on a self-imposed deadline- or ten-
right now!

"Sunny" wrote in message
I am in this weird funk and I can't finish anything. It feels awful.
I've got three projects sitting, ready to be bound (they're little
things, nothing to be excited about) and I can't finish them.

I did make quickie curtains for my bedroom yesterday. Really easy --
just turned hems all around and a curtain pocket at the top. But I
have been trying to get curtains for one of the bathrooms finished for
three weeks and can't. So it's not just quilty things. I mean, it's
sitting here finished except for a quick hem job and then out of my
way, but..... The septic project is over and life should be back to
normal. My dishes are all clean, sink is empty, laundry done and dog
fed. So why can't I finish anything?

Okay, I'm going to force myself to finish this curtain if it kills me.
I promise, DH or DS will post and let you know if that happens. But
I've never, ever heard of death by hem before.

Sunny
looking for insight

Old May 12th 10, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks Sally. Great advice.
While at bowls, I was 'invited' to four other organisations!! Luckily,
I had an inkling of what was happening, so gently said no to all g I
will remain on my guard!
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old May 12th 10, 08:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

These rods are not always very obvious in the curtain shops - usually a
small 'bin' in a corner! You may have to ask for them?

I'm almost down to single figures of boxes!!
But 'things' keep interrupting: I simply must cut the grass today.
..
In message , J*
writes

Old May 12th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

LOL! Hardly anything I hate more than making curtains! And they are
really a no-brainer. But maybe that's the problem.
Roberta in D

Old May 12th 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

They are usually used for net/lace curtains - mine came from the curtain
dept of a large store, but have seen them in other places that sell
curtain rails and fittings.

Pat S wrote:
[...]

Another Finish Magic Mood Jeep Needlework 3 September 29th 07 02:56 PM
A Finish!!! Magic Mood Jeep Needlework 1 September 23rd 07 12:15 AM
Another finish Jere Williams Needlework 9 January 28th 06 10:02 PM
Help to finish an old kit Sylvia Blanchard Needlework 4 January 22nd 04 12:28 AM
I can finish it now! Lindroos Quilting 0 October 26th 03 03:39 AM