If you had an LNS...

Old September 11th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default If you had an LNS...

I was asked the other day what I would like to see in the stitching
section of a local, independent craft shop. I know what I'd like to
see, and I wondered what others would find most important. So, if you
could design a stitchery shop or department, what would you insist it
offer, in the way of merchandise, classes, etc.?

Thanks,
Louisa
Old September 11th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

On Sep 10, 7:57 pm, wrote:
I was asked the other day what I would like to see in the stitching
section of a local, independent craft shop. I know what I'd like to
see, and I wondered what others would find most important. So, if you
could design a stitchery shop or department, what would you insist it
offer, in the way of merchandise, classes, etc.?

Thanks,
Louisa

A wide selection of embroidery floss, Persian and tapestry wool.
Canvas by the yard.
Lots of knitting material, if it's in the colder climes.
Old September 11th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote in message
I was asked the other day what I would like to see in the stitching
section of a local, independent craft shop. I know what I'd like to
see, and I wondered what others would find most important. So, if you
could design a stitchery shop or department, what would you insist it
offer, in the way of merchandise, classes, etc.?

Thanks,
Louisa

I would love a shop that offers a lot of different items. It would be okay
if they only showed samples to save space and took orders. I'm stuck with
only Michaels within reasonable driving distance so I would welcome almost
anything.

Lucille

Old September 11th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Classes in different finishing techniques--stretching and framing, finishing
bellpulls and cushions, making purses and bags from needlepoint/crewel etc.

Dawne

Old September 11th 08, 07:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

A collection of books with historical references. A good colection of
magazines both `How to` and others . Catalogs and samples of threads
and wools , background materials etc,, At least one person who
understands about various Crafts and textiles techniques etc,,,
mirjam
Old September 11th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sep 10, 9:59*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:57:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I was asked the other day what I would like to see in the stitching
section of a local, independent craft shop. I know what I'd like to
see, and I wondered what others would find most important. So, if you
could design a stitchery shop or department, what would you insist it
offer, in the way of merchandise, classes, etc.?

Thanks,
Louisa

Every type of wools, alpaca, yak, spun flax, tons of linen by the
yard, every manner of floss, Anchor, JP and DMC as well as silks of
differing weights. *Classes showing specific stitches how to create
your own patterns, and use different fibers to make art. *Tools of all
kinds, reasonable properties, and a shop which also caters to the
Internet customer who isn't *local.

Victoria

"If the present and the future
were contingent on the past,
then the present and the future
would have existed in the past."

-Lama Tsongkhapa

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/

When you say 'reasonable properties', what do you have in mind?

Louisa
Old September 11th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

On Sep 10, 10:15 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:
wrote in message

I was asked the other day what I would like to see in the stitching
section of a local, independent craft shop. I know what I'd like to
see, and I wondered what others would find most important. So, if you
could design a stitchery shop or department, what would you insist it
offer, in the way of merchandise, classes, etc.?

Thanks,
Louisa

I would love a shop that offers a lot of different items. It would be okay
if they only showed samples to save space and took orders. I'm stuck with
only Michaels within reasonable driving distance so I would welcome almost
anything.

Lucille

Aren't you in Florida? I can rec a great shop in Ft. Lauderdale - I
did my business wiht them by phone, credit card, and they mailed me
just what I needed. I can ferret out the name and number if you want.
Val - who doesn't even hv a Michaels nearby.
Old September 11th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

This may sound a bit out there, but a computer set up and ready for
customers to look at Hoffmandis or possibly other wholesale sites so
they can come in and say "this is what I want". I know sometimes I go
in to a shop looking for an idea, or have an idea, but they don't have
anything *exactly* right and have wished I could use a compouter (or
even a catalog!) to show them "something along this line."

Of course, fabrics, threads, canvas. . .

Linda

Old September 11th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Sep 10, 10:15 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Fort Lauderdale is pretty far from me. I'm in Port St. Lucie on the
Treasure Coast.

Up until recently we had a lovely shop in Stuart, approximately a 1/2 hour
car ride and I got spoiled.

Lucille