OT Amusing list of newsgroup character types

Old August 27th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Default OT Amusing list of newsgroup character types

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm
Click on "next warrior" (just below "Flame Warrior Roster") to advance
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old August 27th 08, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Aug 27, 10:46*am, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm
Click on "next warrior" (just below "Flame Warrior Roster") to advance
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Bruce that is quite funny
mirjam
Old August 27th 08, 11:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote in message ...
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm
Click on "next warrior" (just below "Flame Warrior Roster") to advance
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Brilliant, Bruce - I think everyone`s represented! Where on earth (or
cyberspace) did you find it?

Pat

Old August 27th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote in message ...
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm
Click on "next warrior" (just below "Flame Warrior Roster") to advance
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Brilliant, Bruce - I think everyone`s represented! Where on earth (or
cyberspace) did you find it?

Pat

I got the link from another newsgroup. I think it should be required
viewing for all members of all newsgroups g
Old August 27th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Keith Barber

lucretia borgia wrote in
:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:31:41 +0100, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures
to reply)" opined:

I got the link from another newsgroup. I think it should be required
viewing for all members of all newsgroups g

They've been around a long time, it was the Grammarian that I first
saw and that was in the last century ! RDH

I am the Very Model of a Usenet Personality

Song by Tom Holt, from a newgroup posting dated 1998/03/07

I am the very model of a usenet personality.
I intersperse obscenity with tedious banality.
Addresses I have plenty of, both genuine and ghosted too,
On all the countless newgroups that my drivel is cross-posted to.
Your bandwidth I will fritter with my whining and my snivelling,
And you're the one who pays the bill, downloading all my drivelling.
My enemies are numerous, and no-one would be blaming you
For cracking my head open after I've been rudely flaming you.

I hate to lose an argument (by now I should be used to it).
I wouldn't know a valid point if I was introduced to it.
My learning is extensive but consists of mindless trivia,
Designed to fan my ego, which is larger than Bolivia.
The comments that I vomit forth, disguised as jest and drollery,
Are really just an exercise in unremitting trollery.
I say I'm plain and simple, but that's merely lies and vanity,
The gibberings of one who's at the limits of his sanity.

If only I could get a life, as many people tell me to;
If only Mom could find a circus freak-show she could sell me to;
If I go off to Zanzibar to paint the local scenery;
If I lose all my fingers in a mishap with machinery;
If I survive to twenty, which is somewhat problematical;
If what I post was more mature, or slightly more grammatical;
If I could learn to spell a bit, and maybe even punctuate;
Would I still be the loathsome and objectionable punk you hate?

But while I have this tiresome urge to prance around and show my face,
It simply isn't safe for normal people here in cyberspace.
To stick me in Old Sparky and turn on the electricity
Would be a fitting punishment for all my plain simplicity.
Old August 27th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep ©

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:02:19 -0500, Keith Barber
opined:
[...]

That is fabulous ! I would think that is old too as it refers to
paying the bill for downloading troll posts lol

Thinking of that, some wit on the radio the other day said 'Who
recognises this sound?" and it was the noise the old dial up used to
make when one checked in.

Not hard to miss that sound, as some fax machines still do that when you
send a fax (yeah, faxes do still exist).

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 27th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Aug 27, 9:03*am, lucretia borgia
wrote:

Thinking of that, some wit on the radio the other day said 'Who
recognises this sound?" and it was the noise the old dial up used to
make when one checked in.

*Used* to make???? Mine still does!

There was an article in the paper the other day about how ND has one
of the slowest download speeds in the country. I think it said
something like 1.5MB/sec. Someone wrote a letter to the editor saying
he wished he could get downloads that "slow", since his connects at
36Kb. I thought to myself, I wish I could get 36Kb!!!! I get it at
24. sigh

Joan, in ND, the forgotten state
Old August 28th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"lucretia borgia" wrote

wrote:

Thinking of that, some wit on the radio the other day said 'Who
recognises this sound?" and it was the noise the old dial up used to
make when one checked in.

*Used* to make???? Mine still does!

There was an article in the paper the other day about how ND has one
of the slowest download speeds in the country. I think it said
something like 1.5MB/sec. Someone wrote a letter to the editor saying
he wished he could get downloads that "slow", since his connects at
36Kb. I thought to myself, I wish I could get 36Kb!!!! I get it at
24. sigh

Joan, in ND, the forgotten state

Well you people out west... RDH

It is probably interference from the mountains.
Dawne

Old August 28th 08, 08:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
alicia in Hawaii

On Aug 26, 9:46*pm, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm
Click on "next warrior" (just below "Flame Warrior Roster") to advance
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Ok...that is simply...well...bad *ss!
"Thanks for sharing" roflmao...yeah, right,... like that's me...
hahahahah
smiles,
alicia in Hawaii