A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Jump Ring Quilt

Old February 13th 17, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist
external usenet poster

Default Jump Ring Quilt

Oh and as an aside, Alexa turned itself back on during one of the tablet's constant upgrades. Apparently if you don't want the thing running you have to keep an eye on it.

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 3:04:07 PM UTC-5, Night Mist wrote:
Success!
It did not look like it was going to work. I plugged in and synced it and it didn't even show up on the desk top, just sat blinking in the file manager. Just for giggles I tried it on all the other linux machines in the house. It worked on DH's desktop and DD3's laptop, both of which are Ubuntu main, Xenial. It did not work on the laptop running Mint. Then I tried it again on my machine, running the lsubusb command in terminal this time. Success! Now I can add some mp3s to my music files and add books. Yay!

NightMist

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:39:31 AM UTC-5, Night Mist wrote:
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 2:48:03 PM UTC-5, Brian Christiansen wrote:

They have meddled with their file formating and extensions so that it will not interface well if at all with other devices.
I keep everything on my desktop computer, so when they did that the
tablet's usefulness ended.

That is perhaps true, but except as a experiment to see what might
happen when I connect it (ubuntu 14.04 recognizes it, ubuntu 12.04 did
not, or at least did not appear to), so I really do not have any
problems there.

Ubuntu Studio 16.04.1, on a custom build.
The tablet will not mount. It's icon blinks on the desktop, so the computer knows what it is and that it is there, but it cannot mount it so that you can access it. When I first got the thing back in August I did not have this problem. The tablet upgrades madly though, and will even turn itself on to do so. I really found that to be a boggler! Right around the beginning of November is when it started refusing to talk to my computer. I have just done a desktop software upgrade, so after I do a hardware upgrade tomorrow (new fan is all, Hyper 212 EVO, I'll either have to cut a hole in the side of the box or leave the side cover off to make it fit. Bit of fuss..) I'll try again. So far no upgrades have helped, but one never knows.
The fact that I use linux means no help from Amazon on this.

Ads