Where have all the knitters gone ?

Old September 4th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Where have all the knitters gone ?

Linda i have made `quite` some Moebious [ in fact have one going on
just now ], many of my friends want one as a birthday present [!!!] .
I have seen this cast on , but i do my different .

i make a guage to know exactly how many stitches i need for my
Moebious ,than use a 1 size bigger needle than needed , for the cast
on , than when i turn the st to cast on the on the underside of each
st , i use the `proper` needle size,,, i always have a smaller Dp
needle ready to assist if a st gets `stuck` ...
If you never made a moebious and can crochet, maybe you shjould make
your first one in crochet !!!
When you knit it you knit in a & way ,,,,,,,,remember it might looks
that you work a bird`s nest,,,,,
mirjam
Old September 4th 10, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

I am very busy trying to sew up a new summer wardrobe ( we wear summer
clothes right until the end of October here in the Big Easy). *I have
sufficient dressy clothes, but, having been sick off and on for quite a
while, my everyday clothes are all falling apart.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Olwyn Mary
i wish you HEALTH HEALTH AND MORE HEALTH
i hope you enjoy sewing , i do not know if you wear skirts ?
I do , and i enjoy making skirts with matching shirts ,,,,
mirjam
Old September 5th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,go,to,Facebook
WendyA[_2_]

On 8/31/2010 9:37 PM, mirjam wrote:
No knitters no crocheters no weavers ?
where have you all gone ?
maybe we should open a new group ?
mirjam

Old September 5th 10, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WendyA[_2_]

On 9/3/2010 8:41 PM, mirjam wrote:
I'm still here, I just read more than I post, sorry! Currently knitting
fingerless gloves for a friend, the only crochet project on the go is a
vast granny square that I add all my scraps to. I don't wewave, but a
friend of mine has just borrowed a spinning wheel and I'm hoping to have
a go at some point.

Kirsten

Kirsten
Fingerless mittens are very useful and neat , do you also add a `flap`
that can cover the fingers when one is not working ?
mirjam

did someone start a facebook page?
Old September 5th 10, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kirsten Watson

On 9/3/2010 8:41 PM, mirjam wrote:
I'm still here, I just read more than I post, sorry! Currently knitting
fingerless gloves for a friend,

Kirsten
Fingerless mittens are very useful and neat , do you also add a `flap`
that can cover the fingers when one is not working ?
mirjam

Sometimes I do, but not these ones. These ones are rather fancy and
have a buckle across the wrist, they're from the book Knitting New
Mittens and Gloves by Robin Melanson.

Kirsten

Old September 6th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn.Mary

On 9/3/2010 10:57 PM, mirjam wrote:
I am very busy trying to sew up a new summer wardrobe ( we wear summer
clothes right until the end of October here in the Big Easy). I have
sufficient dressy clothes, but, having been sick off and on for quite a
while, my everyday clothes are all falling apart.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Olwyn Mary
i wish you HEALTH HEALTH AND MORE HEALTH
i hope you enjoy sewing , i do not know if you wear skirts ?
I do , and i enjoy making skirts with matching shirts ,,,,
mirjam

Hi Mirjam, thank you for the good wishes.

I wear whatever the occasion seems to call for. Sometimes it is a
skirt, sometimes not. Lately I have been making several pairs of loose,
flowing, wide pants out of rayon challis. Nice and airy in hot weather,
but able to stop the draft when I go into an overly air conditioned
building. Yes, I have been making tops to go with them. Next, I need
to make some winter weight pants (about the weight I called summer pants
in England) plus some vests - waistcoats - to go with the existing
skirts and blouses. I have also been making some hats - small, compact,
but covering my head in the sun. Mostly straw hats so far, but I have
patterns for some canvas ones and some satin ones for dressier
occasions, when I want a hat but my very large ones would not be
appropriate.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old September 7th 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

did someone start a facebook page?

I decided i will not join it .
mirjam
Old September 7th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

*Sometimes I do, but not these ones. These ones are rather fancy and
have a buckle across the wrist, they're from the book Knitting New
Mittens and Gloves by Robin Melanson.

*Kirsten

I have not seen this book but what you describe sounds very elegant
mirjam
Old September 7th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Sep 6, 7:19*am, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
[...]

I think your weather terms are closer to mine ...
mirjam

Knitters Lucille Needlework 3 December 6th 09 03:48 AM
For the Knitters Lucille[_3_] Needlework 1 May 2nd 08 05:58 PM
Are there any knitters here??? angel_crafter Needlework 27 July 8th 06 07:26 PM
Looking for knitters 61 Slick Hippy chick Yarn 1 January 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Any knitters? BDS2pds Needlework 42 November 8th 03 05:13 AM