A knitted "onesie"

Old January 2nd 14, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default A knitted "onesie"

Wow - what a ton of work and skill went into that. I hope it gets passed thru many babies in your family.

Wow.
Old January 2nd 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:06:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 07:57:26 +0000, Shirley

wrote:

On 17/12/2013 03:33, Bruce wrote:

On 16/12/2013 22:13, Joan Erickson wrote:

On 12/5/2013 12:51 PM, Bruce wrote:

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/936773_766425373371157_1724069263_n.jpg

Bruce, you do find the most interesting items!!!! LOLOL! Are you the

model???

I doubt whether I'd have the strength to put it on let alone stand up in

it. And what happens if you go out wearing it in the rain?

Bruce

The gusset would probably drop down to your knees.

Like the swim suit my mother knitted for me during WW11. Since wool was

not available she knitting it in the yarn that was being produced. When

I went to the swimming baths first time wearing it at a mixed session, I

got in the water and immediateness the waist was round my bottom and my

new bosom on full view. I hastily gathered yards of wet fabric up to

hide my modesty and blushes and rushed to the changing room.

I went back to wearing the darned moth eaten one donated by a neighbour.

It dated back to the 1920's. Can laugh about it now but it was not funny

at the time

Aah I didn't see this before I posted - a soul mate to the misery of

knitted bathing suits ! What were they thinking ??

I had one too - pale green. Itchy, as I recall. I think a knitting-crazed aunt made it.
Old January 2nd 14, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:09:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Wow - what a ton of work and skill went into that. I hope it gets passed thru many babies in your family.

Wow.

Oops - I thought it was donned by a toddler. Sorry.
Old January 3rd 14, 06:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

--

Bruce Fletcher

Stronsay, Orkney UK

I hope the knitter made a back flap, other wise he will freeze every time he goes to the little room
mirjam
Old January 3rd 14, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 1/2/2014 11:16 PM, mirjam wrote:
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:51:47 PM UTC+2, Bruce wrote:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/936773_766425373371157_1724069263_n.jpg

I hope the knitter made a back flap, other wise he will freeze every time he goes to the little room
mirjam

LOLOL! Too funny, Mirjam!!!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old January 4th 14, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Friday, January 3, 2014 1:18:34 PM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 1/2/2014 11:16 PM, mirjam wrote:

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:51:47 PM UTC+2, Bruce wrote:

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/936773_766425373371157_1724069263_n.jpg

I hope the knitter made a back flap, other wise he will freeze every time he goes to the little room

mirjam

LOLOL! Too funny, Mirjam!!!

--

Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

My mother called that a 'drop seat'. My foot pajamas had em.
Old January 4th 14, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:12:35 PM UTC+2, wrote:
What a cute term ,,,,, mirjam

My mother called that a 'drop seat'. My foot pajamas had em.