2008 nfair entrants & results

Old July 30th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default 2008 nfair entrants & results

I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
Old July 30th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/564776094OdWsCB?vhost=home-and-garde

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

And they all won ribbons - WOW. They are all lovely.

Do you recall who designed the coriander chart?

Cheryl

Old July 30th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep ©

wrote:

I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/564776094OdWsCB?vhost=home-and-garde

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

And they all won ribbons - WOW. They are all lovely.

Do you recall who designed the coriander chart?

Cheryl

I have another kit similar (different herb) and they are by Cross My
Heart, the "Elegant Herb Kit" series. The package says (C) 1992!!!
Probably why my LNS had them in the 'closeout' bin

Their website is defunct (won't come up) but I did find a listing of
their stuff at 123stitch.com.

Old July 30th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/30/08 9:33 AM, "Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote:

I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/564776094OdWsCB?vhost=home-and-garde

Well - 5 items finished is still a good amount! The "H" - looks like one
of the Sweetheart Tree alphabet kits - did you add the "hilda" ? I'm doing
"D is for Dog" - go figure.

They're very cute nice kits! Your stuff looks very nice.

ellice

Old July 30th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/564776094OdWsCB?vhost=home-and-garde

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

And they all won ribbons - WOW. They are all lovely.

Do you recall who designed the coriander chart?

Cheryl

Cheryl - don't know whose that is - but check out the set of herbal sachet
bags that is on Victoria Sampler site. I did "Chives" for a "Beyond
Beginning" class, and have Rosemary on hand. They're really nice - and have
a bit more than just XS - without being overwhelming - but most of them have
a bit of pulled work, some other decorative stitches, and finish up really
well.
http://tinyurl.com/5slrbu

I think you'll really like these - the kits are with 28 ct Cashel, threads -
enough - and beads/charms.

Ellice

Old July 30th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"ellice" wrote in message
On 7/30/08 9:33 AM, "Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote:

I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/564776094OdWsCB?vhost=home-and-garde

Well - 5 items finished is still a good amount! The "H" - looks like one
of the Sweetheart Tree alphabet kits - did you add the "hilda" ? I'm
doing
"D is for Dog" - go figure.

They're very cute nice kits! Your stuff looks very nice.

ellice

I did D is for Dog and changed Puppy to Puff and made the ears and tail a
little longer and fluffier to look more like him. They're really cute kits
and make up very nicely.

Are the rest of their kits as well put together?

Lucille

Old July 30th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...=home-and-gard

Well - 5 items finished is still a good amount! The "H" - looks like one
of the Sweetheart Tree alphabet kits - did you add the "hilda" ? I'm
doing
"D is for Dog" - go figure.

They're very cute nice kits! Your stuff looks very nice.

ellice

I did D is for Dog and changed Puppy to Puff and made the ears and tail a
little longer and fluffier to look more like him. They're really cute kits
and make up very nicely.

Too cute. You sound like me - I'm always altering the animals to be
reflective of Puckster, or whatever other animal is in our life and
appropos. I think once you start doing it, it's not that difficult - but
the first time can be tricky.

Did you frame the finished piece? I'm just starting mine - I needed
something as distraction from all the canvaswork and "serious" counted
thread work. And this is definitely doable/finishable quickly.

Are the rest of their kits as well put together?

Lucille

Yes. We have about all of them in the shop, and they're very clever with
different motifs for the letter, curlicues, etc. They all have that same
linen, with thread, though the threads may vary - how much white, taupe,
some perle . Anyhow, I like them a lot - they're good kits, IMOSHO.

Ellice

Old July 30th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

Co
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they can
be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

Congratulations on the awards that your needlework won at your fair! I
particularly like 'H is for Hilda' and the beaded Pink Ribbon.

Mavia

Old July 30th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jul 30, 8:33 am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...CB?vhost=home-....

Oooooo, look at all those pretty blue ribbons!!!! Great job!

Joan
Old July 30th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

I found a plain, white wash frame on e-bay that wasn't particularly
expensive. I forget the name of the seller but I know she had lots of
small, inexpensive frames in the odd sizes like 3 x 3 and 5 x 5. Maybe I
was smart enough to bookmark the store.

I'm not much of a photographer but I'll try to get a picture of it on RCTNP.

I forgot the name of the