Fairfield cotton batting

Old May 19th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default Fairfield cotton batting

Have any of you tried the Fairfield 80/20 cotton/poly batting? If so, do
you like it? Why or why not? I like the Hobbs 80/20, but JoAnn's no
longer carries it. They do have the Fairfield batting. If you've tried
both, which do you prefer and why?

Julia in MN
--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old May 19th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall

I haven't tried the Fairfield brand, but a packaged Mountain Mist
batting was sent to me to use in a comissioned quilt. It is my new
favroite batting (used to be Hobbs 80/20 but can't get it at our
JoAnns any more). The batting is the "Heritage Collection Completely
Cotton Luxury Batting", and it is just like Hobbs only slighty
thinner, but has no thin spots, and though the packaging says 100%
cotton I can feel a bit of scrim on one side of it. It sticks to the
quilt top and backing and quilts like a dream. The drape after
quilting is absolutely wonderful! Although I haven't washed a quilt
with it in, I'm sure it will hold up well. And the good news is they
stock it at my local JoAnns.
Mickie (no afiliiation, just completely satisfied with product)