Monpelier competition

Old July 13th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default Monpelier competition

On 7/12/10 4:46 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Thanks to Lucille for the encouragement to enter Monpelier. I brought my
"And a Forest Grew" sampler to the mansion yesterday. We'll see how it
fares - pretty stiff competition, from what I saw! The people before me
were entering 30 pieces (they owned a frame shop, so not all were
stitched by one person) and many were just stunning. And the framing was
unbelievable (well done, even if too frou-frou for my own humble tastes.
I recognize quality even when it's not necessarily what I personally
would choose). Each one was a showpiece. Absolutely exquisite. It was
almost like visual indigestion, so many rich colors/patterns/delights,
one right after another! Everyone in the room would gasp as each new
piece was unveiled.

If anyone happens to go, can you post the winners? I won't be able to go
back until the closing day/pickup. Oh, the suspense....

sue

Hmmm - I wonder if you were behind the stuff that Michelle was entering for
her framing business (from Michelle Ink and affiliated companies). Her
stuff tends to have some decorated mattes. Or, could've been from The
Brit's Gallery in VA - Clive does a lot of very "frou-frou" framing - loves
playing with the laser dye cut stuff, and many layers of mats. Likes the
reverse bevel - so it looks like shodow boxes almost.

I'm sure your piece will do well!

Ellice

Old July 13th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/13/2010 2:29 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
Or, could've been from The
Brit's Gallery in VA - Clive does a lot of very "frou-frou" framing - loves
playing with the laser dye cut stuff, and many layers of mats. Likes the
reverse bevel - so it looks like shodow boxes almost.

That's it! Lovely folks. We all had a nice long,friendly chat and an
impromtu preview showing...about ten folks stuffed into a little room.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old July 14th 10, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jul 13, 5:46*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:
On 7/13/2010 2:29 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
* Or, could've been from The

Brit's Gallery in VA - Clive does a lot of very "frou-frou" framing - loves
playing with the laser dye cut stuff, and many layers of mats. *Likes the
reverse bevel - so it looks like shodow boxes almost.

That's it! Lovely folks. We all had a nice long,friendly chat and an
impromtu preview showing...about ten folks stuffed into a little room.

sue

--
Susan Hartman

I talked to someone last night who was working intake and I'm pretty
sure Sue was there when JoAnn brought in the stuff from the Brit's
Gallery.

Donna in Virginia